8 - Meeting the Kids

It was already 7pm. Riddhima was packing her stuff, someone knocked at her cabinet door.

Riddhima: Come in. (She said without looking towards the door)

Manav and Kajal walked inside.

Kajal: Hello. (She said with a smile)

Riddhima looked towards them and nodded her head.

Riddhima: How's your leg?

Kajal: It's completely fine. Once again, thank you for helping me. (She said with a smile)

Riddhima: I told you already that there's no need to thank me. If there's nothing important, then I think I should leave for my house. (She started moving towards the door)

Manav: No no. Actually tomorrow is Sunday and it's holiday, so we were planning to go for a movie. We just want to know that, are you interested in joining us? (He asked with hopefulness)

Riddhima: No. I have other plans. You guys can enjoy. (She said in calm voice)

Kajal: Umm. It's alright. You might be busy. You can join us some other time. (She said with awkward smile)

Riddhima: Hmm. I need to leave.

Manav: We are also leaving. Let's go together.

Riddhima looked towards them. She knew that they were trying to befriend her and she also knew that they were good people. But her past experiences were not allowing her to trust them easily. So she just nodded her head in agreement.

Kajal: Let's go.

They walked together out of the company building.

Kajal: Riddhima how are you going home? Do you have any ride? I can drop you home. (She suggested with a smile)

Riddhima: No thanks I already booked a cab. It will be here soon. You guys can go.

They left and soon her cab also arrived.

***

Riddhima reached her home. As usual her kids were waiting for her. As soon as they saw her, they immediately hugged her tightly.

Riddhima: I can't breath. (She chuckled at their excitement)

Rohan and Aarav giggled at her drama.

Riddhima: Let me freshen up and make dinner. You both must be hungry. (She kissed their foreheads and moved towards her room)

**

Riddhima and her kids were eating their dinner while feeding each other.

Rohan: Momma, tomorrow is Sunday. You promised that we will go out on Sunday. (He said while looking at her with his cute eyes)

Riddhima: Yes, and I am going to fulfill my promise. We will go tomorrow at park, where you both can play as much as you want. After that we will go to the restaurant and will eat tasty tasty food. (She said with a smile)

Rohan: And Ice-cream too. (He with excitement)

Riddhima: Ya ya and Ice-cream too. Strawberry flavor for Rohu and Chocolate flavor for Aaru. (She laughed)

Aarav: And Vanilla flavor for you. (He said and kissed her cheek)

Trio happily had their dinner and soon slept peacefully.

*****

(Next Day)

Riddhima took both kids to a park. She sat there on a bench and was watching her kids while they were playing.