Chapter 9: Know you better

°•☆"I fell in love with a world through her eyes"

-Atticus°•☆

____

✾ ༄ ꧁꧂ ༄
____

She couldn't keep her eyes closed.

Despite how sick she felt, despite how scary it was.
She simply could not keep her eyes closed, even if her life depended on it.

Marinette had never seen such a view so serene.

Of course, she had seen the streets of Paris from her balcony, but never from this height before.

Everything just seemed so different.

Marinette barely had time to think only moments before when someone grabbed her, threw her over their shoulder and took off.
It was only a matter of time before she was lifted across the skyline and Marinette was sure she was about to be murdered until it dawned on her just who had taken her into the night.

She held on to him, the warm breeze blowing through her hair.
Marinette no longer felt sick, but she did feel drunk as hell.

It wasn't long until Marinette could recognize her neighborhood, and it was only then when she realized where she was headed.

A small smile spread across her lips, the drinks suddenly clouding her brain the moment she was gently placed on to her balcony. She glanced up, her heart racing within her chest as she was met with a pair of glowing green eyes.

"You know, I could've walked home. Theo was just going inside to grab me water." She explained, lightly stumbling back towards the doors to her room. "I didn't need you to literally kidnap me."

"He left you outside by yourself." Chat muttered, keeping his gaze firm on her. "Even leaving you for a minute on these streets is dangerous, and you're drunk to make matters worse. You told me you were going to stay in tonight."

Marinette inwardly shuddered. She bit her lip as she turned, fumbling with the doors to her balcony with a deep blush. She knew she was going to get this lecture eventually. She knew the moment she agreed to go out with Theo.

"Don't you have anything better to do than to spy on me?" She teased, finally getting the balcony door open. "I was just catching up with a friend."

"I was doing my job." Chat refuted. "I was checking out the neighborhood and I spotted you." He watched her intently as she struggled to step inside of her bedroom. "You could've been killed. Are you insane?"

Marinette giggled, pushing her door open with a small blush. She glanced back at him, a small smile spreading across her lips as she shrugged.

"I guess I'm lucky that you came, right?" She mused, her heart racing in her chest as she hoped he'd come inside. Two parts of her nagged at herself.

She wouldn't let Theo inside of her apartment merely hours ago and she knew him for years, yet here she was with a masked man who she barely knew for a week, secretly hoping that he'd come inside her bedroom.

"I try to be here as much as I can be." Chat murmured, glancing down briefly "But on the off chance that I'm not, that's when I need you to be careful. Just because I'm here, doesn't mean you get to be stupid."