Chapter 10: You look different

°•☆ "A storm was coming
but that's not what she felt.
It was adventure on the wind
and it shivered down her spine."

-Atticus °•☆

      _____________

    ✾ ༄ ꧁꧂ ༄

        _______________

      Marinette blinked, the blush on her cheeks darkening as she glanced at herself in the reflection of her phone screen. She reached up, twirling her now short hair in her fingers.
Perhaps she could have taken this measure drastically, but Marinette was desperate to shy away from the serial killers' taste in women. Marinette didn't want to put herself in that situation again.
   The fact that her throat was nearly slit the other night proved that Marinette couldn't handle it. If it had not been for Chat Noir, Marinette had no idea what would have happened to her.
   The young woman glanced up at the sky, her blue eyes scanning the clouds as her entire surroundings began to darken. She pressed her lips together, knowing that if she didn't get home quickly, she'd be in serious trouble.
Marinette quickened her pace and walked briskly towards her apartment . The sun had set completely, and the streets were empty. She couldn't help but feel a sense of unease creep up on her. It wasn't just the recent attack on her life that was causing her anxiety, but also the realization that she was attracted to Chat Noir.
The thought of him made her heart race faster than the fear of the serial killer. She knew it was wrong, but she couldn't help it. Chat Noir was brave, charming, and he had risked his life to save hers. She had never felt this way about anyone before.
As she turned a corner, she suddenly heard footsteps behind her. She spun around, but no one was there. Her heart started racing as she picked up her pace and ran towards her apartment . Marinette sprinted to the elevator. When getting to her floor, she rushed to her unit. She fumbled with the lock on her door and finally managed to get inside.
Marinette leaned back against the door and took a deep breath.
Marinette glanced down at her shoes, her heart racing. She knew she was probably just being paranoid, but she couldn't help it.
Not only could she be a target for the killer, but Marinette was well aware that she was also a target for a certain reporter who wanted to get some information on the copycat who attacked her before.
   She pressed her lips together, knowing that Chat Noir would be around somewhere, but that wasn't always the case. Even he had issues catching the mysterious killer in his claws. Hence why there were still murders happening in the first place.
  Marinette ran a hand through her short dark hair, and she pushed herself off the door.
It was a weird night, Marinette was feeling weird, and she needed a hot bath. Marinette walked into her bathroom and turned the faucet on, letting the water run until it was steaming hot. She stripped off her clothes, letting them fall to the floor before stepping into the bathtub. As she sank into the hot water, she let out a sigh and closed her eyes, feeling the tension in her body start to fade away. She let her thoughts drift, thinking about Chat Noir and the way he had made it a priority to check in on her.

Marinette couldn't deny the attraction she felt towards him, and the thought of him made her heart beat faster. She knew it was wrong, especially given the situation they were in, but there was something about him that she couldn't resist. Lost in her thoughts, Marinette sunk herself even further into the hot water.
    She hummed, feeling the steam envelope her. She could hear the faint pitter patter of rain against her foggy windows. She bit her lip, slowly sliding her hand down the length of her body. She very delicately slipped her hand between her thighs. She shivered, her breath catching as her fingers very softly swiped over the petals of her sex. She swallowed, leaning her head back as she touched her finger to her clit. She slowly ran circles around it, pouting as she slid her finger lower to her entrance, her breath hitching as she very slowly slid her finger inside. She bit her lip, groaning as she sunk her finger deeper inside.