[6] You're Powerless

Adomania

(n.) the sense that the future is arriving ahead of schedule

          I can't see anything. I'm being transported roughly over someone's shoulders, blindfolded and tied up. The scratchy rope is tight on my wrists and ankles. I don't want to struggle because I don't know who's captured me and what they can do. Suddenly, I'm harshly thrown on what I believe is a hard concrete floor. Ouch. That one hurt. I don't even know how to fully control my powers yet so I don't know if I can escape right now. I feel tears starting to prick my eyes. No. I will not give my kidnapper the satisfaction of seeing my tears. I hear what seems to be a heavy door slam and I can see through the blindfold that the atmosphere just got a whole lot darker. I lay on my side, scared. "Well, well, well, look who we have here, another one of Kai's little freak puppets" a deep voice says almost sneeringly. I hear their footsteps slowly approaching. I'm starting to slightly shake now. "You don't know a single thing do you? Just the lies she easily spills from her little mouth" the voice feels like it's right in front of me and there's a burning hatred in their tone. I finally get the courage to say something. "W-what do you mean...?" I stutter out. Ugh, I hate seeming scared in front of the enemy. "Like I'd tell you" they spit "you're going to die anyways." I flinch at these words. My mind scrambles, trying to find words that will save me from my seeming end. "Oh yeah? Well you don't even know what power I hold. Maybe you'll be the one to die. I could-" I'm suddenly cut off by my capture laughing. "You? Kill me? Haha. You make me laugh, freak. As if some small little newbie could defeat me. I'm the only one who knows the truth around here." Why do they keep going on about this truth thing? All of the sudden I'm roughly pulled forward by the collar of my T-shirt. My bare knees scrape against the concrete. "Ow!" I exclaim out loud my ropes tightening as I subconsciously try to escape from their grasp. They harshly tug at my blindfold, making it unravel. As my eyes adjust to the dark I notice the figure in front of me looks exactly like the guy on the wanted poster....Zach.

         "I do want to know your power so I can use it though. So what d'ya say, want to talk?" Although my mouth is dry, I manage to gather enough saliva to spit at his feet. I look up and shoot absolute daggers with my eyes. "Like I'd tell you." Zach's eyes darken at my response and he swiftly kicks me in the side, causing me to hurl over. A little bit of blood trickles out of my mouth and drops on the cold dirty cement. "Fine, if that's how it's gonna be then I'll find a way to make you talk." He slowly walks toward me as I attempt to squirm back. He reaches forward and firmly grabs onto a handful of my hair, he lifts my restrained body in the dark dusty room and slams my head against the solid wall. "Ughf-!" I grimace at the immense amount of pain. He then proceeds to throw me back on the floor, my face falling straight on the ground. A couple more drops of blood escape from my mouth. I feel his shoe push into my back. "Still won't talk, huh?" he asks, grinding his foot harder. All the pain is making it hard to focus on what's going on, I feel dizzy and want to throw up. "Let's start with this one then..." He reaches down and lifts up my left pinky finger. "Now this may hurt just a little bit." He releases his foot from my back and positions his foot raised in front of my pinky. He slowly starts to step on my finger, making it go backwards. "AHHH!" I scream tears building up in my eyes. He pushes it father back and I hear it crack. "GAHH! STOP PLEASE!" The intense amount of pain puts my mind beyond reason. Tears start to flow and I keep letting out anguished screams of pain. "Tsk tsk tsk, where'd all that spark and confidence from before go? I only just started...don't tell me you're going to give in now?" he asks, acting disappointed. This time, I spit a glob of blood on his shoes."Fuck you" I grit. "Wrong answer." He bends another one of my fingers, this time more alarmingly slow. I start to thrash around in my restraints. "Let's see how long this will last...." he says with a slight tone of joy in his voice. CRACK.