[8] The Beginning Of The End

Zenosyne

(n.) the sense that time keeps going faster

          I heavily speed walk down the corridor, I don't even care if they hear, hell, I want them to. My wounds burn but that just fuels my anger even more. I see someone turn the corner and I instantly sprint at them, I'm thirsty for blood, no matter the consequence. I jump up in the air ready to land a kick on my unsuspecting opponent. Wait- this enemy seems a little short- My ankle is suddenly grabbed and I'm pulled into the person. A knife is held up to my neck "Make any move and I'll kill you." "Wait- Kai?" "Amber?" She instantly lets me go and I turn around, meeting everyone's gaze. "Oh my Rat King! I'm so glad to see you guys!" I exclaim, tears of joy ready to leak out at any moment. "What the hell are you doing here?" Davis asks, looking surprised. "I-I was captured when I accidentally teleported in my sleep a-and Sydney i-is...Sydney is..." I can't finish my sentence as I choke on my sobs, all the events are suddenly rushing back. I try to cry but I'm so severely dehydrated that I can't muster up a single tear. The adrenaline is starting to slow down and all the pain is catching up to me. "Ow, ow, ow, ow. Can someone help my hands...?" I ask, my hands swollen and throbbing in pain. "I could probably put them back in place using my telepathy..." says Rachel, slightly unsure. "Ok, while you're getting your hands fixed, do you think you can fill us in on what you know?" asks Kailey, fumbling with the sleeves of her sweater. "Sure....I'll try to tell you guys everything I can..."

          After I told everyone everything that's happened since my disappearance we just sat in an uncomfortable silence. Some shed tears and some can't even register it. Rachel managed to place my broken fingers back in place and we used some random slivers of wooden planks lying around for splints, I feel bad for having to rip Kailey's sweater to wrap it. My hands are still shaky and I'm pretty sure my rib-cage is broken. Even blinking hurts....I'm sure if Sydney was here she could heal me.... I blankly stare at my scuffed up and bloodied shoes, mindlessly rubbing a loose pebble in between my fingers, too much has happened in too little time.

       "Well" interjected Kai, breaking the silence, "I don't know about you guys but now I really want to kick this guy's ass." This seems to fire everyone up, as we all collectively agree that Zach will be shown no mercy. "Let's go" I say, slowly looking up.

           We make our way through the dark empty hallways, each of us with the goal to kill. We finally make it to the main doors. Each of us stare at the rusted slabs of metal blocking us from our mission. I look over to Elizabeth and she nods. Almost Instantly, she disappears from our view. We all hide on the sides of the door, pressing up against the cool hardware. We watch as the door knob turns and the doors open, almost instantaneously a pale bony hand reaches out and seems to take hold of something. Oh no. Elizabeth returns to view with her body being held up in the air and the mysterious hand clenched around her neck. Elizabeth violently kicks her legs and gasps for breath. I immediately ignite a smoke bomb and roll it under her. It bursts open with a thick purple smoke, clouding everyone's vision. I quickly get to work and grab one of my daggers, I teleport in the air towards the arm and thrust my dagger down. In a blink of an eye the arm is gone and I hear Elizabeth fall to the ground. I collapse to the floor, my dagger striking nothing but air. I wince at my heavy landing coughing up a bit of spit and blood. "Aw, looks like someone hasn't healed yet." I get chills, the memories of the owner's voice making me shake. I freeze on the floor as the smoke starts to clear up. I look inside wide-eyed. There Zach is, standing in the middle of the spacious concrete room, the same one where I got tortured. I can't seem to move, my body frozen in fear as I notice he has three other people surrounding him...one of them being Sydney. I seem to be frozen for what felt like hours when I hear Rachel run up beside me and push me to the side. I skid across the cement. I quickly look over and notice Rachel getting tackled by one of the mysterious dead people. They had dark skin and long black hair. Blue wisps seem to follow their every movement...I wonder if that has anything to do with their power....The rest of my friends rush in, beginning the fight that will change everything.