[10] Deaths Kiss

Hypophrenia

(n.) A vague feeling of sadness, seemingly without cause.

                                                     ~ Rachel's POV ~

       I hate love. I really do. You choose a person to be in love with, to fall, but anything that falls, breaks. I thought that I could hide the sadness and pain behind a false facade of courage.

Oh, how wrong I was.

       Ray's face is expressionless as he attacks, fists flying at furious speed. I dodge each attack with tears in my eyes. I wanted to see him so badly, but not like this. The sight of his pale body and dull eyes as he makes coordinated uncharacteristic strikes makes my heart throb. What has he done to you? I get too caught up in my sorrow and a kick sends me slamming back against a cement column. Stunned, I duck just under one of his punches that breaks some of the stone. I automatically recreate movements from my training and run behind him, levitating the loose stone in his face to blind him for a couple seconds as I make my way around. I leap into the air and deliver a round house kick to his back. Grabbing one of my daggers, I get ready to plunge it into his open flesh.

I hesitate.

       I lower my head and drop my dagger. The weapon produces a soft 'clang' as tears start to well up in my eyes. I can't do it.

       I feel a cold metal go through my stomach. I let out a gasp and reach my hand to feel, it's all warm and wet. "Rachel....?" I hear a familiar voice croak. I quickly look up, my vision spinning from the loss of blood. Tears start to make there way out as I see Ray staring down at me, a shocked expression painted on his beautiful face. I bring a shaky hand to his cheek, its cold. A soft smile makes its way to my lips. "Finally...I can see you again" I say, watching his eyes search for a way to help. "What...what have I done...?" he asks, pulling me in close. Oh, how I missed his body, his comfort, and safety, it saturated me. The familiar feel of him fed the parts of me that were longing for his touch. I realized that I'm not alone anymore. And a selfish hope came into my mind, I hoped I wouldn't ever be alone again. "It's okay..." I reassure him, my hands make there way to his dirty blonde hair. My vision is starting to grow dark as I look into his tear glazed eyes. I feel him violently yank out the knife. More of my blood begins to spill out and I can barely breathe. "I don't know why I'm doing this......I'm sorry." He raises the knife another time and stabs me in the shoulder. He's saying something, but I don't understand. His tears begin to grow in number and although I don't know what he's saying, I lift my hand and wipe off the tears. Again he mouths words but I can barely keep my arm raised. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry." I'm loosing feeling in my limbs and my eyelids are growing heavy. I take a shuddering breath, and with the last of my strength I muster up my voice and murmur three simple words.

 "I love you."

       As my vision fades I watch his eyes grow wide at my statement, I lightly laugh to myself. He opens his mouth and I can barely make out the words 'I love-' but right before he could finish, a dark purple sword is pushed into his back and comes out of his chest. What......? I close my eyes and the last thing I feel is a heavy weight on top of me and a warm tear fall to the floor.