Chapter 11

A young man was gasping heavily as he rolled through the door.

"Young Master your home already. We had not been expecting you for at least another hour or so," Martha said from behind her. Aline looked back at her confused at what was going on.

"Well with all that has occurred recently I thought that I would stop my little traversing short today." The young master smirked. Although Aline couldn't pin point who he was, he looked extremely familiar.

"Well isn't that nice of you." Martha's eyes were gleaming.

"James," Aline spoke. She had figured it out, that's who he was. What was he doing here? Was this really the same James from that time?

"James?" Dirik said blatantly. "You know, you keep calling me that. However, I am sorry to tell you that I have no idea who that person is. My name is Dirik."

A flood of embarrassment flooded over Aline. She was sure her face must be as red as cherries. Had that really not been the James she knew? Not even moments later her memory flooded her brain from the other day.

He had already told her his name and she had mistaken him before. 

"As I am sure you have no idea where you are, I will introduce you to my parents. Hopefully, they are willing to allow you to stay here until we can reunite you with your family."

Dirik's parents burst in through the door leading to the study, as if they had been just waiting this whole time just to be called.

Rushing up to her within the instance of just having entered her room. "So is this the young lady I have been hearing about?" The countess said looking at Aline in awe.

Dirik had an obvious plank of confusion plastered to his face.

"Wait, Mother. How did you find out about Aline? Only me and Martha have known about her—"

It stayed like that for a few seconds Dirik looking in confusion at his mom. Then slowly but surely his gaze made its way to Martha's guilty and eye avoiding face.

Looking at Martha, even though she looked away right away. This was definitely a sign that proved his suspicion further. Martha must have been the one to tell his parents.

"Well since this darling girl does not have someplace to stay. As far as I am told why doesn't she stay here." The countess said her words more like a statement than a question, it was not entirely directed at Aline either.

"What a splendid idea," Dirik's father chimed in. People just kept coming and interrupting his and Aline's conversation left and right.

"Everyone quiet," Dirik screeched over the voices saying what they could do with Aline. "Should not you guys check with Aline first? What if she does not wish to be here?"

"Aline, where would you like to stay?" Martha's sweet voice was the only word that she could understand in the chaos.

"Um, if you do not mind at all, it could that is, would I be able to stay here for a short amount of time. I will go once I can get back to my family."

"That would be quite alright."

Neither Martha nor Aline realized that the room had gotten quiet with their short little talk. Every single one of the Dirik's family, him included were listening intently to Aline's answer. They did indeed wish for her to stay with them though it would not be looked on as proper. Martha was thinking of taking her in and