A Little Babysitting

Author pov:

Yujin was never really particularly interested in kids. More so even babysat them or interacted with the little human being that she once was.

But today, unfortunately she had to babysit one of her sister's kids that is also her niece.

She hasn't seen her niece's or nephews alot since they were born. Mostly because she was busy at school studying, hanging out with friends and just having fun in general.

They were cute, but knowing her family genetics she sure knows well that this little baby girl who was watching TV would be a handful. Or so she thought

...

Yujin was currently sitting beside her niece on the couch, chaejin was surprisingly very well behaved, but on 2nd thought her other mother was Chaeryeong unnie so it explains her good mannerisms.

She couldn't help but chuckle when comparing her niece to her other nephew who was the son of her chaeyoung unnie, the youngest to be precise. They were just two completely opposite children.

"unnie?" Yujin turned her head to the side upon hearing chaejin calling out for her.

"what is it Chae? Something wrong?" she questioned her niece. Who in turn just slowly stood up and signed to her aunt to pick her up, raising both of her tiny little hands in the air.

The older even though a bit confused still picked up the little girl and stood up in the process.

Now, Yujin said she wasn't interested in kids but it doesn't apply to her sister's kids that's a fact.

"unnie, can we pleaseeee go to your school today pleaseee?" chaejin asked ever so politey.

With a raised eyebrow, and having a hunch on why her niece wanted to go to her school she questioned,

"and why would you want to do that when we can just lounge at home all day? Wouldn't that be fun?"

But the younger only shook her head in disagreement, "nu uh I wanna see wonyoung unnie! I miss unnie already" she said and pouted pleadingly to her aunt.

Chaejin wouldn't like to say that she favors her aunts girlfriend more, just.. Saying the fact that she misses her when she comes to her aunts house once and a while.

"uh huh.." Yujin nodded slowly, her face curving into a little smile as she sighed in defeat.

"children aren't allowed in high schools Chae, so we can't visit wonnie today," she explained gently, seeing her niece face drop at the words she had said but continued anyways.

"but we can probably call her later once school is dismissed" and slowly put her down the couch as she went to the kitchen and made lunch for her niece, while the little girl sat and watched TV.

A minute has passed by before her niece spoke, her eyes never leaving the TV.

"Yujin unnie?"

Yujin looked back at chaejin and went back to cutting and spoke, "yes Chae? Need anything?"

The little girl shook her head back and fourth "Why aren't you in school while wonyoung unnie is?" She questioned her aunt.

Yujin only smiled and shrugged "I don't know chae, just felt like it that's all"

"But your girlfriend is at school..! She'll be sad and lonely without you there" she said pouting at the TV, her eyes now landing onto her aunt where she was busy cutting carrots.

Chae couldn't see her aunts face clearly but if she could, she would see how her aunts face immediately turned upset.

"She isn't lonely Chae, even if I wasn't there her friends will accompany her, you don't need to worry" she said as she continued to cut the carrots, but her mind was else where and so ultimately she accidentally cut her finger with the knife.