I

Just another average day, sitting at your desk waiting for another case to drop through so you actually had something to do. You usually got stuck with the boring tasks. Jobs that nobody else wanted. Stuff like 'check out the noise' which was just usually some fucking teenager yelling at a game, or 'go check out who stole a can of soup' or some dumb shit like that. Nothing all that exiting, ever. It wasn't often that you actually got to arrest someone, or you got to see a dead body. You had always hoped for something more than what you had at the moment. Always waiting for something more. Well, maybe this was your chance.

A tall bald man came walking up to you, his blue shirt slightly untucked from his creased smart black trousers. His formal attire usually made you feel slightly intimidated at first, until you had learnt he was actually nice and cared for his people. That was very unlike most people in this building (cough cough Gavin). This man slammed a tablet down on your desk and literally just walked away without saying a word.

'Fucking rude.' You thought. Maybe he just wasn't in a good mood today? He was usually so neat and oragnised, it was unlike him to appead so informal.

As Mr Fowler didn't hear you moving he turned around and yelled,"FUCKING MOVE THEN!" Slightly flinching, you moved and grabbed the tablet. Upon opening it you were met with the bright flash of the company's logo and then a password request. You tapped the tablet in a rush and as soon as it was opened you were met with the ungastly sight of a dead body. You just stared in disbelief. You finally had something that seemed exiting! Maybe you could finally prove yourself to him? Maybe he would finally see that you could do more then sit there and look at information.

In your peripheral you saw Lieutenant Anderson and his little andriod pet following him. You usually didn't mind the android, as long as they weren't murderers, and loved talking to them, but something about the RK800 you just didn't like. Sure, it was a detective, just like you, but it slightly creeped you out. Sitting at your desk you heard Lieutenant Anderson start swearing at his android, and then telling it to walk away. It hurt you to see someone so high up in society to be treating something so human-like so disrespectfully. I mean, the androids aren't that different, even if they can't feel emotions.

You were distracted by your thoughts that you hadn't noticed the android walking up to you instead. You just looked up at it and smiled. The android smiled back.

"RK800 what's your name?" You asked the android. Androids were close to always assigned a name, no matter what they were contributing towards.

"My name is Connor. I am the android sent by Cyberlife. You have been assigned the same case as Lieutenant Anderson and I. I think it's best if we try to get along well." The android, Connor, stated. You just nodded and mumbled your name then went back to reading about your new and exiting case.

Connor stood there for a while, before deciding to move along and go bug someone else. You felt slightly bad, but this case was really importa t for you. It was a real job opportunity. Eventually you struck up a small conversation with Anderson based around the  case and androids, before deciding it was time for you to go home. It was normal for Anderson to come in late and drunk, so it now being 9pm didn't surprise you.

Lieutenant Anderson seemed to have the same idea as you, and started packing away aswell. You three were the only ones left here now, apart from Fowler who was still in his office.

Grabbing onto the last tablet needed, you began to head out. It wasn't long before you heard your name being called. You just turned around and sighed, the noise of rain pattering against the glass doors echoing through your ears.

You see Fowler running towards you, he grabs the tablet and apologises, "Sorry, we assigned you the wrong case." He gives you another tablet. When you opened the tablet, it had a smaller file downloaded on it, the name flashing red suggesting that this was your case. 'Run away android found. Questioning needed.' The title read. You nodded and turnes away, walking to the taxi station positioned quite close to the police station. You were being hit by the rain, getting soaked. What a shit day. Looks like you weren't going to be able to solve a murder case any time soon.

-793 words.