IV

You both sat there, staring at each other for some time before Connor decided to have the first word.

"Where will I sleep?" He questioned. He didn't sleep, he just kind of went onto low power mode. You had once heard him and Lieutenant Anderson talking about where he went for the nights. Apparently he just sat there at a power station where he could sit and rest, or went back to cyber life to report in and rest there. That's all that you had overheard from their conversations. You looked at Connor, who was still looking at you before shrugging and making your way back over to the sofa.

"Where ever you'd like." You eventually stated in reply. You heard footsteps before feeling a sudden dip in the sofa next to you. You kept your eyes on the TV, not wanting to miss the latest updates on your favourite show. There wasn't really much for you two to talk about, so you both sat there in silence watching the TV. After a while of just sitting in silence, you felt an arm wrap around you. As you looked up at Connor, to your surprise you found him looking at you. He quickly looked away, pretending to have never been looking. That was kind of cute, you had to admit. He kept his arm around you, and you let your head rest on his shoulder. You felt yourself drift off to sleep.

There was a gentle shaking motion, before you were lifted up into the air. Feeling the air pass by you in the air was refreshing as the intense heat was getting a bit much for you this summer. It wasn't long before that relaxing rush of wind came to the end and you were placed down on top of a soft fabric. As you were satisfied with being delivered to your bed, Connor pushed the bed sheets on top of you, which you promptly kick off since it was so hot. He tries to leave, when you grab his hand.

"Stay here." You mumble sleepily. He stands still for a while before lifting the bed covers off of the bed, and laying down next to you. Once he was laying next to you, he wraps his arms around you, just like when you guys were on the sofa, and he gives you a small kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight darling." He whispers in your ear. You didn't pay his words much attention, being far to tired to care. 

Before you even had time to realise what was happening, you were being shaken awake roughly by Connor. This hurried man quickly, literally as soon as you had opened you eyes, grabbed onto you and pulled you out of bed and out of the house. He quickly got you into Lieutenant Anderson's car, which he was allegedly here, and all three of you got to the police station as fast as possible. You hadn't had enough time to register what was going on. Anderson had been telling you something about a criminal. Connor had been worriedly looking out of the window, or at least giving the most worried look he could. You were sat there in your pyjamas, not even dressed about to enter the place you worked and were trying to gain respect at. What a way go get people's respect. By coming into work in your pyjamas.

You entered the building, nothing seeming different about the place. There were a few unkept files spread over the floor near a desk, but that could be put down to anything from a break-in to the wind. Nobody had actually tried to tell you much about what was happening now that you were fully awake, and you were now depending on your tired memory to remember any details on what had happened earlier and why you were here. All you could remember were criminals, police and androids, which sounded likely for what had recently been happening in Detroit. It didn't sound like much that was out of the ordinary.

You walked around the building. The more you walked around the more you noticed was displaced or looked like it'd been sorted though. Were they having a clean-up or something? Both yours and Anderson's desk looked both really messed up. They had scribbles written all over them. 'RA9' written in perfect font, although it looked as if the individual, or most what was most likely to be an android, had written this. The handwriting was beautiful, but basic like all androids and you couldn't help but gently chuckle when you thought that.

Anderson saw you laugh and gave you a scowl. You coughed and tried to look more professional at your job. Mr Fowler ended up coming forwards, and repeating the same story that Anderson and Connor had been trying, but failing, to tell you. Apparently some android had broken free after killing 3 cops and now was on the run. 'It' had searched all over the place looking for the files on 'it's' name and upon not finding any files and decided to write the letters R, A and the number 9 all together on both of our desks. You just shook your head. The word 'RA9' wasn't uncommon to see when you were dealing with an android who had committed homicide, and to see it on Lieutenant Anderson's desk wasn't a surprise. Connor had been assigned to follow Anderson, and Connor had also been the one to capture the deviant.

What was strange was that this writing was on your desk. You didn't own an android. Yes, you respected the androids, but surely that would make them stay further away from your desk. Surely the android should attack some other person's desk. Someone who hated androids and thought they were worthless, rather than yours.

Fowler scowled at you, "This is your case. Prove yourself worthy, and you can join Lieutenant Anderson, Officer Miller and Connor on their newest assignment." You looked at him ecstatic, but still sleepy. Was there seriously not a better time the criminal could've picked rather than in the middle of the damn night? You decided it was better to just ignore that, and hopefully get on with your new case.

-1048 words.