II

You got home, upset that Mr Folwer had taken the case back. What a let down. You sighed and sat on your sofa mumbling "TV on." You had never come so close to dealing with case THAT big of a deal before. Turns out it was for Lieutenant Anderson, his android and some fucking pick me ass bitch. You couldn't belive it. What a horrific day. And there you were, thinking you might finally be able to prove yourself worthy of this job.

You were deep in your thoughts, when a knock at your door suddenly pulled you back to reality. You got up and stumbled over to the door, still upset over your case. As you were grabbing the doorknob, a more agressive knock sounded from the other side of the door.

"I'm here, I'm here calm down." You yelled, hoping to at least stop the other person from knocking again.

You took a deep breath before opening the door, and to your surprise, you saw Anderson and Connor standing before you. As you scanned the situation, you saw a tablet in Anderson's hand. That was the tablet YOU were suppost to have, to deal with the case YOU had been originally but accidentally assigned by Fowler. Lieutenant Anderson lifted his hand up, showing you the tablet. He made a small gesture, silently asking you if you wanted the tablet.

"Why? Whats the point of giving me this? You heard Fowler, he said assigning the case to me was an accident." You grumbled, upset by even the sight of that tablet. The bright red words flashing on the screen, same words that you had seen earlier.

Anderson then scowled at you, "I thought you wanted to prove what a good detective you are so that you could get more cases like this?" he said, sounding as if he was stuck up his own ass. You glared at him. You weren't stupid. He was just trying to tempt you into the investigation. He was probably doing this to just trick you or something. I mean, he wasn't the nicest of people.

After a few moments of silence, you gave into Anderson's temptations, and took the case from his hand. You didn't even look at the tablet, expecting to hear his laugh and mocking words about how you'd never be able to get a case such as his, but go your surprise, nothing sounded from him. You appeared confused, and Connor looked at you, then Anderson, then back at you in a state of confusion. Lieutenant Anderson just gestured again, and you looked down and read the case title, a bit on information about it and finally looked back up.

"What do you want? I know this was assigned to you. If I helped you, you'd get into big trouble. I could even get you fired!" You sounded a little more frantic then intended whilst speaking to them both.

Connor nodded in agreement, but Anderson just simply stated, "So what if I get into trouble. They need to stop treating you like shit!" He hit the doorframe whilst speaking, "You need to actually be treated like a proper person, not like an android." You could hear his voice shaking, his voice filled with anger towards Fowler.

You sighed, stood aside the door and asked, "You comming in then?"

-559 words.