CHAPTER - 27

ADHIRA'S POV

Today is the day of Karwa Chauth.

I have kept the fast.

It's been a month since I've seen him.

A month since the day I had been to his office.

I feel guilty when I know how many people are getting hurt by me.

The fear of losing my sister has enveloped me.

When there is a choice to choose between your husband the person whom you've probably liked more than you've ever liked anyone and your cousin whom you've grown up with and just find out that she is your actual sister.

I choose her. I never had anyone who I can actually call family. Finally when I have a sister but can't call her my own.

I may sound selfish but I like Siddharth and I know that I will never choose him not because I won't it's because I can't. I'm a friend for him, just a passing cloud. Once I'm gone he'll be back to his oldself. Me coming or going is not going to make a change for him. And moreover he's probably never going to like me back.

"Adhira" I hear bhabhi's voice

I wipe my tears.

"You're ready?"She asks me

I nod and try to give her a small smile.

There were a lot of people invited.

I took my place in the corner.
After some time the moon was seen properly.

All the couples began doing the puja and started breaking the fast.

"Ab khaana khane ka iradha hai bhi ya nahi?"A familiar raspy voice whispers in my ears.

(Do you even want to eat or not?)

I turn back shocked.

"Tumhara toh pata nahi par mujhe toh bohut bhook lagi hai"He tells and takes more like pulls me with him.

(I don't know about you but I'm very hungry)

I do the puja wholeheartedly and then both of us break our fast.

Before I could say anything he leaves.

I try talking to him but either someone else interrupts.

I go to the room and sit down on the bed unknowingly the tears began to rush down my cheeks.

THIRD PERSON'S POV(not anyone evil, don't worry)

Siddharth enters the room talking on his phone.

He cuts the call as soon as he sees Adhira weeping.

"Hey,Kya hua tumhe"He asks her sitting on his toes in front of her on the ground.

(..What happened to you?)

He makes her drink water and then asks her softly.

"Mein jab see tum aaye ho tab se tumse baat karne ki koshish kar rahi hu,par jab bhi mein aati hu tab koi tumse baat karne aajate hai ya tum phone pe lage rehte ho,kabhi kabha na mujhe aisa lagta hai ki tumhari shaadi mujse nahi tumhari phone se hui hai"She tells him still silently crying.

(I'm trying to talk to you since the minute you came but whenever I either you are talking to someone or you are on your phone, Sometimes I feel you've married your phone and not me)

"I thought you didn't want to talk to me, "Siddharth tells her in a voice with no emotions.

Adhira looks shocked at him

"Jab divorce pe lagi thi tab nahi pata tha na tumhe ki mein pati hu tumhara"He tells in the same tone

(When you were wanting for divorce I was not seen right?)

"Ab Badi tum aayi baat karne wali"He says 

(Now you wanna talk to me)

He repeats it again and again, slowly his voice changes to humourous and he began tickling her.

They were lost in each other's voice when suddenly shravya entered the room.

"Bhai....."She trails off and covers her eyes to see her brother hovering over her SIL.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry..."She tells and runs away.

They quickly come back to their senses and move away from each other.

"I.-"Siddharth cuts Adhira off

"We'll talk tomorrow" He says and Adhira obeys and changes into comfortable clothes.

He also changes his clothes.

They sleep apart.

Adhira tries to sleep but is not able to. She holds his hand lightly not intending to wake him up.

He pulls adhira closer and hugs her.

"Sshh, Sleep"He whispers

Adhira fell asleep hearing his heartbeat.

She bet she felt a light kiss on her forehead when she closed her eyes.

°•○●○•°

 He was lost in her so much that he knew she was his.

Only his to protect and cherish.

The way she hugged him while sleeping he knew,

She would be there in his arms every time he opened his eyes.

When she felt a feathery kiss every time she closed her eyes,

She knew he will always be there when she needs him.

She just knew.

                                                                                                                    - THE SECRET GIRL