Yazan, Yazan

"Listen Morty, I hate to break it to you, but what people calls "love" is just a chemical reaction
that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a
failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus
on science"
Rick

Anna says I have to be patient. a sentiment she delivers with a smile. I'm not good at patience. I am good at making her laugh though. She makes me laugh too. Thank God for Anna. Without her this do-goody up its own arse place would be enough to make me throw myself in the lake with boredom. ut things took a turn for the worse when the company I worked for was on the verge of collapse. It was forced to either shut down or be sold off, and my brother and his friend were the ones who purchased it. Why did they have to be the ones to buy it? After all, this company was supposed to be my sanctuary. Now I have to work under my annoying brother. Life really isn't fair.
To make matters worse, my brother didn't just buy the company; he also wants to merge it with my father's business. This means that the biggest decisions will be made by my father. Apparently, this is the best way to save his company from going under. But as usual, women like my sister, are the ones who suffer the most. Poor Sabeel!

Thanks to Mustafa's interference, we're at their mercy again. It's just not right. Why do bad things always happen to good people? We often ask this question, and it has become a common stereotype. However, the reason we say it is because bad things do happen to good people frequently. We can only hope that when it's our turn to face adversity, we know how to handle the situation, how to cope, and how to persevere. The truth is, we cannot predict how we will react to the worst-case scenario until we face it. I've been surprisingly impressed with my sister. Despite her earlier struggles, she has managed to do better in recent weeks, even taking on wedding planning responsibilities. She's not happy about this situation, but she's managing. And seeing my father's happiness makes me want to throw up. I can understand his relief that he's no longer responsible for me, but seeing him give up his favorite daughter, the one he admires so much that he can't go a day without talking to her, makes me sick. "Noor!" Anna suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts. "Come on, it's time for lunch."

As we were enjoying our meal in peace at the café, my brother unexpectedly showed up and disrupted our quietude. He sat down next to us, causing Anna to make a joke about him eating with us instead of using the VIP area. Furat, flustered, simply explained that he was making an exception on his first day to eat with me and Anna.I knew he had feelings for Anna, and while he tried to hide it, it was obvious to everyone who knew him. As if to prove my point, Yazan approached the table, looking excited until he saw me. I hadn't seen him in years, so he hesitated to ask how I was doing. It was awkward, and all I could say was "Fine." If it weren't for Anna nudging me with her heels, I would have been staring in awe at the tense exchange.

I found it extremely difficult to come to terms with the fact that Yazan transformed into someone I didn't recognize. It was as if the kind, compassionate boy I used to know as a kid no longer existed. As a child, Yazan never joined Furat and John in bullying me. In fact, he would try to stop them from doing so. Even more surprising was that he would play with me using my Barbie dolls and girly games. During those times, I didn't have any friends, and my mom was constantly worried about how I never talked to anyone other than my family. But Yazan became my closest friend. Despite my brother's mockery of him for playing with me, he always made an effort to be kind and keep me company.

Sadly, Yazan underwent a drastic change once he entered college. He began experimenting with drugs, vaping, and hanging out with the wrong crowd. The once-kind boy I knew grew up to be a complete stranger. His personality changed beyond recognition, and he started bullying  and fighting with guys. The amount of heartbreak and heartache he caused was heartbreaking. I'll never understand what happened to him.