Anna

Here we go again, doing the same thing again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
Einstein

"you have to be strong, you know everything happens for a reason" I said to Noor as she went off with her now new husband . Even though I know this is going to be hard on her now that she was slowly reconciling with Yazan.
I feel bad for her. Noor is the sweetest soul, a true gift from Allah. 

However, Noor's own life was not without its struggles. Like many of us, she had experienced her fair share of heartbreak and pain. Despite her own hardships, she remains a kind and compassionate person, always willing to help others in need. I feel lucky to have such a wonderful friend, and I often wonder how I would have gotten through my own difficult times without her.

While Noor may not have had many close friendships in the past, she definitely has that with me now. Our bond is strong and unwavering, and I know she will always be there for me, no matter what life throws our way. Whether it's celebrating our successes or supporting each other through our failures, Noor is a true friend, and I will always be grateful to have her in my life.

I met Noora when I was fourteen. I was going through a rough path at that time. I just learnt my father was cheating on my mother. And when I confronted her she didn't seem surprised. She knew all along and I was mad she never left. It was not just the unfaithfulness. My father treated my mother very Ill. He used to hit her whenever he comes home drunk, he disrespected her all the time whether we were in public or in private. He never showed her any affection but he was the bread winner. And my mama has to bear this. Maybe the only reason she stayed with him. Financial dependency.

When I joined fresh man. I had no friends nor did I have the energy to make one. So I used to be alone most of the times. One day In school. My very first period came And I was walking the hallway stained and I didn't knew. Not until a senior guy told me I was menstruating. I was ashamed and shocked. Embarrassingly I asked him what to do. The guy seemed confused at first, I don't blame him who doesn't know about period in high school.
He gave me his jacket to cover my stain and led me to his sister. That's when I met Noor. She was very helpful and didn't seem to be grossed at all. She helped me clean up and gave me her pad. Ever since that day she was my friend. Let's just say she forced herself into my life. Even though I used to push her away a lot. I didn't want any person in my life at that time. Not another thing to worry about. I've had enough. But turns out she have no friends either. The only person who hang out with her, were her brother and his friend.

When I was first introduced to Noor's brother, I felt a sense of embarrassment and shame. I had accidentally stained his jacket with my first period, and although he was understanding and asked to have it back, I felt too ashamed to give it to him. I knew his family was wealthy, so he could easily purchase another, but the thought of returning the stained jacket made me queasy. Despite my embarrassment, I ended up keeping his jacket, hiding it in the recesses of my closet, along with other items from that time period that I no longer wore.As for Yazan, Noor's brother's friend, he was a sweet and kind individual who seemed to have a special place in his heart for Noor. Their mutual affection for one another was evident to everyone around them. Despite their obvious love for each other, I often wondered why Furat failed to notice it. Perhaps he was too focused on maintaining the reputation and expectations of his family to pay attention to his children's happiness. Regardless, I respected Noor's decision to keep her romantic interests private, and I knew that she would reveal everything in due time. As for now, I was just happy to have her in my life as my dearest friend.

People are inevitably shit and deserve to be treated as such. Not Noor though. Noor is properly beautiful inside and out. And she was the first person who ever loved me unconditionally. Even though I did nothing but hurt her in a process. I've shutted her out for weeks for no reason, I've pushed her away, I've said hurtful words to her and when I was sure she'd leave me. She was still there in a corner waiting for me.
Everyone has a friend during each stage of life. But only lucky ones have the same friend in all stages of life. Noora was the best thing that ever happened to me. Even though I made a promise that I'd not let a single soul enter my life. She managed to break that. And truth to be told I don't deserve her. She deserved better. Even yazan doesn't deserve her. Even though he was a nice guy but he has changed after college. He has broke her heart a lots of time. I may sound a bit irrational but I was kind of happy she ended up getting married to this strange man, if it means she doesn't end up with this human wreck yazan. I said that because yazan is the guy version of me. He's had the same shitty past like me.