Parishable

Hi, hello, what's up? I almost lost this account this week and had a panic attack, but didn't so thanks Wattpad. I am bored, unemployed and have an unhealthy obsession with Top Gun/ all military movies RN. SO here y'all get a new fic (((((:

P.S. - dis will be one heck of a slow burn and I may even bring in a friend to write the spicy stuff b/c I am terrible but it'll be in here and I'll warn y'all prior.

P.P.S - i am going try to keep this as politically correct as possible and also not political but you know military is political so I'm sorry. Also, pls correct me if I get something wrong. Loved y'all:

At 17 years old Katrina Parish passed the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) with a perfect score. The same year she scored a 1450 on the SAT. At 18 she was recruited to play volleyball for the United States Navy and accepted to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis. By 19 years old she had ranked the top of her class at the Academy, completed flight training and lead the volleyball team to a conference championship. At 20 years old she received her Golden Wings. At 21 years old she retired her volleyball jersey, completed Officer Candidate School and began special naval aviator training, which she passed with flying colors in record time. 

At 22 years old Katrina Parish graduated top of her class from Annapolis, was awarded her flying medal and became Lieutenant Katrina Parish. Exactly twenty-two weeks after settling in her humid NAS Meridian barrack in Mississippi she was notified through a letter from Pacific Fleet Admiral that she had been called up to TOP GUN. Three hours after the notification letter Katrina was packed and scheduled as "precious cargo" on a C-130 Hercules headed West.

The dry desert heat hit Katrina like a brick wall when she stepped off the C-130 on the tarmac in Fallon, Nevada. It was almost incomprehensible that it was this hot in the middle of October. She sent a small prayer to the sky that this was not her final destination. Fallon was just the first stop on her journey to the newly revamped TOP GUN Academy in Miramar, California. The thought of flying a brand new Lockheed Martin F-35 Lighting up the California coast and down the Southwestern desert made every day of the last four years of her life worth it.

Katrina couldn't shake the weighty anxiety course through her body. There was no explanation in her call up letter and there was no reason for her to be called up. She was meant to remain in Mississippi for three more months before going aboard the U.S.S Ronald Reagan and heading across the Pacific Ocean to numerous overseas based and finally stationing in Japan for the remainder of her tour.

It was no secret that Katrina Parish was the best female naval aviator to come out of Annapolis in the 21st Century. Never had the Navy seen a woman so naturally smart. A professor had once stated that she was the smartest person in the room 92% of the time and with thirty minutes and a computer she could raise that to 100%. During flight training she had never faulted in simulation. She made the correct decision 100% of time. Her commanding office said she might as well be the base model for all unmanned aircraft technology.

Despite her obvious intelligent and shinning military pedigree Katrina didn't want to be anything more than a pilot. She knew how fortunate she was to be born at a time where there were no real wars to fight. She counted on the fact she was likely to never see combat. Katrina even relied on the likelihood that in the near future her kind would be come extinct. The age of unmanned aircraft was closer than anyone wanted to admit. She will see the day pilots are replaces by computers and that gave her peace.

Katrina stood straight and saluted Admiral Beau 'Cyclone' Simpson. Cyclone had taken over the Admiral position two years ago after the passing of Admiral Tom 'Iceman' Kazansky. Katrina had attended Iceman's funeral giving Captain Mitchell her condolences. He appreciated her attendance and knew she was familiar with losing a commanding office. Iceman was mourned for months on the Annapolis campus, but life went on. She was only 20 years old then and she threw herself into her studies completing tasks and training at a speed only seen in 5% of the Navy.

"At ease Lieutenant Parish," Admiral Simpson greeted Katrina.

She relaxed her arm but still stood straight in proper posture as she had been taught the moment she could stand, "Admiral Simpson, sir."

Admiral Simpson nodded with a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, "You may call me Cyclone, Katrina." Cyclone had always been fond of the Parish family and seeing Katrina become one of most successful female Navy pilots gave him a lot of hope for his own daughters.

Cyclone had shared several plane flights with her father, Captain Benjamin Parish, who had been one of the most decorated Navy SEALs of his time and Cyclone was the main pilot for many of Amy Parish's flights out of Pakistan. Amy Parish (formerly Martinez) had been a NICU Army Nurse who helped Pakistani women birth and escape Pakistan with their newborns. Cyclone was the pilot who flew Amy and those women to safety on a military base in Berlin, Germany.

Cyclone had actually introduced Katrina's parents to each other in January 1999. Cyclone was air dropping Ben and a group Navy SEALS in Iraq for a covert operation. The same flight was also carrying Amy Martinez. Cyclone had overheard Ben obtaining Amy's information and promised to contact her as soon as he got out of Iraq. Three weeks later Amy received a call from the United States Embassy in Afghanistan and by the end of the month the two were married. Nine months later on January 24, 2000 Katrina Parish was born.

"Cyclone, I am not going to lie it was surprise to receive my call-up letter," Katrina says with an expressionless face.

The Admiral motions for Katrina to follow him to a hanger mostly because he wanted out of the midday sun, "What was so surprising about it? You should have known you would be admitted to TOP GUN you are the one percent."

"Yes sir, I understand that but why are pilots still training in TOP GUN if there are no wars and most of the planes are becoming unmanned aircraft?" Katrina asks.

Cyclone lets out a sigh, "Two years ago the six pilots completed a mission wiping out a nuclear plant in the Middle East. It was concluded that mission was only able to completed with human pilots. Despite the outcome of the data all the pilots in that TOP GUN class were dismissed and placed on aircraft carriers before they could graduate TOP GUN. The program was closed indefinitely."

"Why was the program reopened and why in California? The equipment is here in Nevada," Katrain says still confused.

Cyclone steps out of the way as an Osprey helicopter is rolled out of a hanger and onto the tarmac, "The United States Navy has decided to reopened the program due to the hostility happening in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East right now. It is predicted there will be multiple covert operations in the near future."

Katrina clenched her teeth. She knew this were getting worse for the Ukraine but she never thought the U.S. would actively involve themselves overseas. It had been almost 11 months since Russian invaded the Ukraine. The war in Eastern Europe was not the only thing going on, Afghanistan had become increasingly hostile since the troops were pulled out. Numerous tips had been pushed through Annapolis during Katrina's last year. Afghanistan is the one place Katrina wouldn't go. She would never set foot on the soil where her dad was killed.

**** Ok, this will be a slow, informative and jam packed first few chapters. so please stay will me promise it'll be worth it!
How is everyone? I miss y'all... (:

 (:

Lt. Katrina "Hurricane" Parish - Megan Fox (but like 09/transformers Megan)