Apex Predator

The Hard Deck was in fact not fun. Katrina had never been a big drinker but if she was in a bar she could put some tequila away. And that's exactly what she did. Hangman let her sulk in the corner and nurse her glass of 1942 that he bought her. Colombiana sulked with her as soon as she saw the older more seasoned pilots buddy up.

Watching Hangman, Phoenix, Coyote, Payback and Fanboy play pool and dick around made Katrina ache for her former classmates at Annapolis. They weren't super close bit they were nice and she was pretty sure she trauma bonded to several of them. Naval Academy was not easy on the brain especially when you constantly fighting for the top spot against the world's biggest douche bag.

After a little over 12 hours with Colombiana, Katrina felt as though she could bond with someone and finally be able to let someone know how she did not want to be here. The looming fear of why she was here was eating her alive. The thought of going into actual live combat where a simulation couldn't bale her out terrified her. There was this locked box in her brain where all her thoughts of failure and doubts lived right not that bitch was wide open spilling on everything.

With every doubt she took a sip of tequila.

What if she forgets proper procedure?

Sip.

What if she strayed from the manual?

Sip.

What if she crashed?

Sip.

What if she lost control?

Sip.

What if something came up that she hadn't been trained on?

Big sip.

What if she made the wrong choice and someone else got hurt?

Finished the glass.

The thoughts were consuming her and she couldn't believe there were still 24 more hours before she would be back in a classroom, sitting at a desk and finally instructed on why the fuck she was here. Then once she knew why she was here she could research and study and prepare herself for a successful mission.

"I think I'm gonna call it a night," Katrina admits to Colombiana and begins to stand from her bar stool.

Colombiana jerks Katrina back down into her chair, "No way Hurricane not with who just walked in."

Katrian's head snapped to the door and her jaw nearly drops as the tall-leggy platinum blonde strutted through the front doors her deep blue eyes scanning the bar for a familiar face. How that girl got away with platinum blonde, a fake tan and lipstick that pink in the Navy will always be a mystery, but Katrina would never knock Lieutenant Serena "Apex" King. That was one bad bitch.

Lt

Lt. Serena "Apex" King - Taylor Anderson

"What the fuck is Apex doing here!?" Katrina hisses into Colombiana's ear. "She's a fucking helicopter pilot."

"Hell if I know, but she did start as a gunman so maybe she's here to be a back seater," Colombiana offers. "Chopper pilots are a extremely talented and she was top of her class at Annapolis."

Apex was only a year older than Colombiana, Katrina and Utah who were all 22. She was part of the group of 23-year-old pilots between 24-year-old Coyote, Fanboy, Payback, Hangman, and Phoenix. Apex's group was something of a lost generation because they were the first group to not have anyone selected for TOP GUN. Katrina had always assumed that was why Apex had gone into helicopters because there were endless opportunities in that unit. It may have also been because that bad bitch liked to show off.

Colombiana gagged seeing Apex slink up behind Hangman and wrap her arms around his waist.

"Jesus fuck," Katrina groaned as the two all but fucked each other right there on the pool table.

"That's about all I can handled for tonight," Colombiana says and stands. "I'm calling it too."

Katrina stands but keeps her eyes on the door waiting for the number one to walk through. She glanced over at the pool table where Payback was feeling up Apex's massive tan bicep. The bitch was built Katrina wasn't going to deny that.

"I might stay a little longer," Katrina says.

Colombiana raises an eyebrow, "Who do you think it walking through last?"

"I really think its Kazansky," Katrina admits.

Colombiana shrugs, "I'm not waiting around to find out."

Katrina sighs and finally, "Yeah, me neither."

***

A little shorter, but promise the next chapter is the ONE! What is everyone doing this lovely July?