Chapter Two - The Smell of Weed

Lila opens her eyes, quickly closing them as the bright morning sun had shined through her windows.

A knock on her door beamed through her room as she muttered a soft, "Come in." Her mother opened the door and walked in. "Lila, we're going on a small vacation with the Camerons, be sure to pack a bag tonight. We'll be staying for 3 days."

Lila decided it was way too early for all this so she mumbled something unintelligible under her breath before rolling back over and hearing her door close.

After 30 minutes of laying in the comfort of her warm bed she got up and decided to pack a bag.

Heading downstairs after finishing up Lila took a seat beside her brother on a barstool. "So when are we leaving?" She had asked, no one inparticular. "Today." Her mom said sliding her a plate of fruit and toast.

"Thank you." She gave her mom a small smile and took a bite of her toast.

*****

The drive to the mountains wasn't as bad as Lila made it out to be. She had grabbed her headphones before leaving therefore she had music to occupy herself with on the way there.

"Mom," she groaned as the realisation hit her. "You didn't tell me we were going to the mountains. I didn't even bring a sweatshirt to keep warm."

That day inparticular had been a slightly cool, breezy one. As she got out of the car and slowly walked inside the cabin she placed her bags in the room she found Sarah's things in as well not even noticing the mens bag next to hers.

She walked out of the cabin rubbing her arms in an attempt to keep warm.

"Lila!" Sarah exclaimed wrapping her arms around her best friend. Lila giggled lightly stumbling back a few steps. "I just saw you yesterday Sarah." Lila said finally hugging her back.

"I'm just glad you're here." She gifted Lila a bright smile, Lila gifting her one back in return.

"I'm trying to find a good spot to take pictures of the view, you can join if you'd like." Sarah stated looking around for any places.

Lila couldn't help but let her mind travel to Rafe. She'd wondered if he was here.

'Probably not'

However, she still felt the urge to look for him.

"I'm going to go exploring." Lila said.

"Okay I'll see you later, don't be gone too long!" Sarah waved her off as Lila walked through the woods to look for Rafe. Almost as if she was being pulled to him, like two magnets attempting to connect, she'd found him.

He sat on the branch of a pine tree, looking out at the view. Sarah would love this spot to take a picture but she didn't want to leave to show her.

Almost as if he'd sensed a presence, her presence beneath him he looked down to find her looking up at him. She climbed the tree slowly and steadily finally making it to a branch beside his.

The two sat in scilence for a while, a comfortable scilence. Lila had found herself staring at him. Examining every single one of his features on his face. The way the sun reflected off of his eyes, shining like diamonds as he stared in the distance as the sun began to set.