chapter 1 ~ how the world failed

"The Midoriyas! Dr. Daruma will see you now." The receptionist spoke softly, the Midoriya family had brought Izuku, 4 years old, to a quirk establishment office, used mainly for children looking to peak at their quirk, as well as finding traits, drawbacks, but also used as a quirk analysis building for villains who refuse or are unable to speak.

"Oh! That's us, let's go izuku dear." Inko walked alongside her husband, Hisashi Midoriya, infront of the couple was their only child, Izuku, bouncing up and down viciously.

"Midoriya's?" The stubby man asked as they entered the room, his large goggles fogging causing the room to look an odd shade of green.

"Yes, that would be us!" Hisashi spoke proudly. He had taken today off from his daily hero work to tag along with his family.

The doctor hummed in acknowledgement as he waved the young child over.
"Before testing, can I know your quirks?" He spoke to the two adults while he helped Izuku get situated in his chair.

"Ah, yes. My quirk is a powerful fire breathing quirk, I'm also known as pro hero: Ladon." Hisashi answered. The doctor quickly wrote it down and shifted his look to Inko.

"My quirk is a simple telekinesis quirk, I can push and pull objects away from me, not to heavy though." She awkwardly shifted under the doctor's gaze, she somehow felt uneasy about this whole place.

"Thank you. I'll be back shortly" the doctor spoke before leaving through the door, Izuku, a fairly shy child who didn't speak much, hesitantly watched the doctor leave.

He also had a wierd feeling, as if the world was screaming at him, telling him to leave.

"Are you excited Izu?" Hisashi spoke, rather oblivious to the uneasy feeling being carried in the air.

Izuku nodded before shifting his gaze to his mother, who gave him a hesitant nod of assurance.

The door opened again to the short doctor holding a needle Izuku internally flinched at it, he had a fear of doctors offices, as most young children, and he detested needles.

"This will only hurt a tad, I need your blood so we can evaluate your quirk through DNA." The doctor explained as he sat in his chair, rolling over to Izukus side.

Izuku nodded and looked away, focusing his eyes on a small Crack on the wall, and before he knew it, the needle had already drawn enough blood and the doctor had left.

"Dad..." izuku spoke, his father looked up from his phone and locked eyes with izuku. "It smells funny. I don't like it." Izuku spoke before he had a coughing fit. Inko quickly rushed to his side and softly patted his back, whispering soothing words as His father went to fetch someoned.

He soon returned with a pink haired nurse, by then izukus coughing fit had subsided, only letting out a quiet cough here and there.

Inko had also noticed the strange smell lingering, she pushed it off, saying that it must be a strange smell that came from different medical items that littered the counter and desk neatly.

"Don't worry, his lungs and heart seem fine, just a slight fever. It's a normal thing since his body isn't used to having that much blood lost at once" the nurse explained before leaving.

Hisashi let out a sigh of relief as he pat his sons head, soon Dr. Daruma returned with a grin
"You guys are in for a treat! Are you ready for the big reveal!" He asked the anxious family, the three all responded with eager nods as the two adults were on the edge of their seats.

"Your sons quirk, it's quite unique, a great mix of both of yours! It's quite extravagant!" He dragged on,
"His quirk, doesn't quite have a name, but he has the ability to create and control fire to his will! He's able to bend and shape the fire, as well as create the flame, in near future and with proper training, he'd probably be able to control the temperature of the fire, and has extreme heat resistance." The doctor gleefully explained.