Chapter 12: the date

Kellan Hayes

I wasn't going to ask her out. I made it a point to tell myself not to because that's not apart of what Dane brought me into this for. I was supposed to be a failsafe, me and my connections to be used as needed. I thought she was beautiful, I am definitely attracted to her however I had every intention of shoving that aside. I caved when she said she wanted to get out of the house. What was I supposed to do, not take her out?

As impromptu and unprepared this is, I want this to be a perfect night. I want her to smile. I want her to have fun, especially with all that's been going on.

I showered, shaved, picked out a casual but nice outfit. I wanted to look my best. She's the most stunning girl I have ever seen, so for me to look anything less than my best would be an insult to her.

I was going to go to Chloe myself, but she practically sprinted into my room more than excited to help with anything. I graciously accepted and needed her help for my plan to come to fruition.

The closer it gets to 7:00pm, the more nervous I'm getting. I haven't been this eager and nervous about a girl in a while. I wait for her at the front door of the house with sweaty palms, holding on to the basket fortunately Chloe had. Oddly she had several baskets? She said it's because she went shopping a couple months ago and "they all looked so cute" she couldn't not buy all of them. She was so excited, she was actually jumping up and down while she was helping me pick out the basket and gather stuff for the date.

I adjust my chain seeing that the clasp was in the front, leading me to start adjusting everything on me. My black jeans, my white t shirt, then I see that the collar on my jean jacket was folded in so now I have to fix that.

"Ooh someone's nervous. Hot date?" I hear Graysons grating voice. Irritation replacing my nervousness, I glare at him standing there with his arms crossed. He's all dressed and ready to act like a heathen for the night. The thought that Morgan and him were once together, that his hands were all over her is vile to me. The fact that she'd wanted him for even just a small moment in time. They had only just met too. I really can't think about it too much but whenever I see him, that's the thought at the forefront of my mind making me more angry than I'd like to admit.

I scowl in disgust. "Must you commentate on things that don't concern you?"

"Must you be blocking the door I need to walk through?" He points to the front door.

I step to the side, allowing for him to get out. If I wasn't about to go out with Morgan, I'd want to stop him from whatever disgraceful activity he's about to get into. "Leave."

"Of course." He begins walking towards the front door but stops before he opens it. He turns to me smiling. "Just a tip. She's likes having her ass grabbed."

I snap my head to face him, feeling my entire body overcome with a burning rage. I grab the side of his head, smacking it into the luckily- metal front door. I drop the basket to the floor next to me and step forward, getting in his face. "Say that one more time." I feel the pinch of my fangs extending in my mouth, as anger surged in my veins. I hate the fact he's going to hold that stupid night at the club over me.

"Morgan likes it if you grab her ass. At least in my experience." He leers, bringing his hand up to the open gash on the side of his head. I shove him against the front door and grab his shirt with one hand, forming a fist with the other. Before I could fully bring my fist back he grabs onto my collar, spins us around, and slams me into the door. I grip onto his arm trying to pull him off but he takes my hand and bends it backwards, I grunt in pain as my wrist snaps. His other hand then wraps around my throat, cutting off my air supply.