#2- A Promise Is A Promise

They both walked pass the hallway, down to the living room,
"wait here, let me go call him".
Harley left to an inner room, Janet stayed and de ided to go through the pictures on the wall, the pictures were nice, a lot of them were about her and him. At some curtain point, she stopped, her eyes caught a small picture, it was an old picture of her and Cobel when they were young.
***

At the age of five, the both of them met at the playground. Cobel was a very shy boy, he just started his new school that very day.
He was sitting on the swing watching others play. Janet saw him looking at them, so she told the others,
"look!, a new boy, let's call him over"
"Naaa he seems werid"
"Don't say that, his just new, besides you were once like him, you know right?"
"OK then, you can go talk to him, we will see you at the other side of the playground".
Janet happily hopped to the swing side making Cobel afraid
"Hiii!, you wanna play?"
"I don't like talking to strangers, my mummy says it's not right to talk to strangers"
"well, now am not a stranger anymore, am your new friend, and my name is Janet Quinn".
Then she stretched her hand to give him a hand shake, he was reluctant at first, but later accepted the hand shake
"Am Cobel Lee"
"nice name, let's go meet my other friends"
She dragged him to where her friends where.
***
To Janet, it felt like yesterday to her, she still remembers when they both promised each other to have eacher others back and to be the best of friends till the end.
As she was still stuck to her thoughts, she heard a voice from behind
"Old times, uh?"
She turned around, and she guessed it right, it was her very good friend, Cobel. Seeing him makes her smile
"Yeah, good old times"
"soooo, what brings you here Jannie?
" well-um mm, I.... Just"she stammers, trying to come up with a feason, why she there", I just wanted to check if everything is okay"
Really looking confused, "Are you sure?"
She nodded
"cuz that's soo unlike you, if anything is bothering you, you know you can tell me anything at all, am your best friend"
He placed his right arm on her shoulder, "OK fine, theirs this YouTube channel called, 'Celebrity gossips' and they are spreading bad rumours about me, you and Harley", then she looks him in the eyes feeling concern, "and it's really spending"
"That's all?, things like this aren't meant to bother you, the society can say what want but don't let it gets to you"
"I know, but then it's hard, I mean look at both of us, we are best friends and do almost the same thing and like almost the same thing and like almost the same stuff, that doesn't have to make people think the other way"

"That's people for you, let them think what ever they like".

Immediately Harley entered,
"Sorry to interrupt, but has the pizza guy arrived?, coz am soo hungry"
"OK, hey Janet would you like to stay and have pizza with us?"
As Janet was about to decline the invitation Cobel interrupted,
"yeah, she's staying with us for pizza"

Two minutes later, the pizza guy arrived, Harley payed the guy. The three of them watched a moive as they were eating pizza, the moive was action based, Janet and Cobel seemed more interested in the moive, while Harley at some point got distracted with her phone.
As it was getting late, Janet decided to start going home as she was tired to get some rest.
It was fun while talking about old times but their conversation took a twist turn,
Harley and Cobel talked much about their relationship and their pervious dates.
"well......., I guess you guys had a blast, hope to hear more"
"They would be more dates when Cobel have time for it, his always busy with model work"
"Hey!, don't be like that", he held her hand and looked at her deeply, "I promise to spend more time with you".
Then he pecked her forehead.

Janet loves the cute couple, their relationship was quite a nice one but the fact that she is been seen as the third wheel really breaks her heart.

"so like it's getting late, see you guys later"
"can we talk outside for a sec?", Cobel said
"OK sure, bye Harley"
"Byeeeee!"

Janet and Cobel went outside the house, he didn't want Harley to hear their Conversation
"Hope that suff we talked about is not birthing you again, right?"
"me?, not at all, am cool"
"I better hope so, but remember, when you are on stage is different from when you are living your personal life. Don't allow what they say get to you, plus you have been Avery good friend, and I wouldn't allow anyone to change that for me"

Feeling moved by what he said, she tried to respond couldn't fine the right words.
"I..... I, I wouldn't and I promise"
"promise?"
"yes, a promise is a promise".
She interlocked her pinky finger with his and smiled,
"Goodnight Cobel"
"Goodnight"
******************************
Hello guys
Did you like it?
How was it? Do you think there will be problems with the thro?
Stay back for chapter three!!!!

Spoilers :cute guy is come in chapter three.