Demons

„Y/N do you mind getting some water from the river?" you hear your mom say.
You nodded at her and grabbed 2 buckets.
As you stepped outside you felt the summer breeze hit you.

A summer evening is your favorite time of the day.
It's peaceful and quiet and the only thing you could hear were the nice sounds of the rustling leaves.
As you finally arrived at the river you made sure to fill the buckets as full as possible.

But as you were done with one bucket. You saw a strange looking boy across the river, he had red hair and red eyes.
And that red scar on his face looks painful.
Suddenly he looked towards you.
He looked confused, but as you blinked he was suddenly in front of you.

You shrieked and nearly fell into the water.
But luckily you didn't.

„sorry i didn't mean to scare you." he said.
His voice sounded warm. You looked up at him, but as you kept eye contact. You saw the boy's eyes was filled with worry.

„I wanted to ask if you saw a tall man walking around here." he said. You stood up and dusted the dirt of your kimono. „how does this guy look like specifically?" you asked.

For a moment he hesitated. „well... he has a weird hairstyle and bushy eyebrows with glowing yellow red eyes." he said while scratching the back of his neck. You slightly tilted your head and looked at him with confusing eyes.

„sorry, I didn't see a man looking like that." you said.
He thanked you and started running, but he was running faster than you ever saw.

You shrugged and filled the second bucket and walked back to your house.

...

„thank you Y/N you're a really good helper." your mom smiled and took the two buckets.
As she started boiling it, you decided to take a walk outside.

But as you took a single step outside, you saw flames

It was weird because it wasn't burning the trees.
You walked nearer and saw there was a trail of flames. Every one second, a little flame went out.

Since you have nothing to do you decided to follow it. It was leading you to a town.
But as you arrived to the town, the flame trail ends.
You were really curious and you wanted to make sure everyone is ok.

You walked through the crowd and already heard rumors about this flame trail and such.

„Have you seen the trail of flames?"

„Yes, and there was a man leading it."

„He has a funny looking hairdo."

„Hopefully he won't set our town in flames."

Isn't that what the boy said, he had a weird hairstyle.
I wonder if he's in this town.
You started looking around, until you saw that boy again.

You ran towards him and tapped his shoulder.
He turned around and smiled.

„oh it's you again." he said and his smile got brighter.

„i think the whole town is talking about that guy you were looking for." you whispered at him.
He nodded and said „I know, I can scent he's near by."

You nodded at him. But as you looked in the sky. You haven't notice it was getting dark.
You frown as it got darker and darker, you wanted to stay longer in this town, It is so lively.

Suddenly the boy's eyes widen and started running.
You were confused for a second. You wanted to follow him but he was to fast.

So instead you walked slowly home.
Luckily you memorized the way here. If you didn't you would've been lost in the woods.
But as you soon arrived home. You heard something rustling behind you. „Hello?" you we're a bit scared and worried at the same time. Is this the man that he was looking for?

As you turned around, you didn't expect what you saw.

You couldn't move. You needed to run.
Your mom always talked about them in stories.
But you didn't knew that demons existed.

Before you knew it you were on the floor, dripping in blood. This demon was so strong. You cannot run.
He was too heavy.

You screamed as he bit into your leg.
You screwed your eyes shut and screamed again.
Suddenly you felt warm. You opened you eyes and saw flames.

Huge flames surrounding you. They felt warm and comforting. It wasn't burning you.
As you focused your eyes, you noticed a man.
You were behind him. Was this the Man that the boy was looking for?

He has a Katana. You tried to stand and run away.
You didn't know what was happening.
„Don't move or the bleeding will get worse."
He said, his voice was loud but also somehow calming. He looked like as if he was shielding me.
You tried to look what's in front of him.

There was the demon that bit your leg.
He swung his katana towards the demon.
Suddenly the katana lit up in flames.
How did he do that.
As the demon stepped back, his head got cut off.
Behind the demon was the boy from earlier.
„good job Tanjiro." The man praised him.
So his name is tanjiro. You were lost in thought.

But you were cut off from you thoughts as the man asked „are you okay?" You couldn't move.
You felt weak. „I don't think I'll be walking anytime soon but thank you for for saving me." You smiled at them.

„let me help you." The boy called tanjiro said and tried to lift you up bridal style.

„is your house nearby?" Tanjiro asked.
You nodded and pointed him the way.

...

Soon after,  you learned that those two men are Demon Slayers and the man with the weird looking hair is called Kyojuro Rengoku.
And Tanjiros last name is Kamado

Rengoku knocked at the door, a few moments later my mom opened. As she saw me, she was in pure shock. „OH Y/N ARE YOU OKAY?!" She walked towards you and Tanjiro.

She thanked the two of them and let them leave.

Y/Ns POV

Mom ran inside our little house to get bandages.
I sighed as I looked at my leg, it had a huge bit mark but luckily it wasn't that deep. I am sure that it will heal in no time.

Soon enough mom came with the bandages.
She kneeled in front of me to wrap my leg first.
„how did this happen?" she asked and glared into my eyes.

„a demon attacked me." I said and scratched the back of my neck anxiously.
„luckily you didn't die." my mom said and smiled.
After my mom was done I decided to go to sleep on my futon bed.

I didn't expect demons to exist but. But I am sure there is a reason they exist.

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter
-Tem <3