Summer breeze

The next day

„Y/N can you check on B/N if he's awake?" ( B/N = brothers name ) I nodded at my mom and walked towards my brothers room.

I knocked on his door but he didn't open.
I sighed and opened the slide door.
There he was snoring on his cozy futon.
I smiled and walked towards him and sat down next to him.

I patted his head and said „wakey wakey, rise and shine." He grunted and finally opened his eyes.
„onee-chan" he muttered and rubbed his eyes.

I stood up and said „hurry up, or the food will get cold." He nodded and stood up quickly and started to follow me from behind. „nee-chan is your leg doing better?" B/N asked.
I turned around and nodded at him.
It wasn't fully healed yet but I was still able to walk.

I was just lucky that I survived that incident.

Tanjiros POV

„that demon was tough." I said while panting.
I looked up to Rengoku-San who was just laughing.
„ah Kamado-kun we have a big way ahead of us, don't give up just yet."

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and started running after Rengoku-San again.
I can't believe he still has so much power after the Mugen train incident.

I can already smell the scent of blood ahead of us.
„can you scent it Kamado-kun?" Rengoku-San asked.

„Yes I can scent that we are close." I said.

After running a few minutes we finally arrived to this town. „we should meet yellow boy and boar head boy here." Rengoku-San said.

Just as we were about to look, we heard a voice.
„TaNJiRooooOoOOOO!!!!" I flinched as I turned around.

Zenitsu was running way from Inosuke.
„He WOnt LeAve mE aLoNE!!!!" Zenitsu jumped at me making me fall to the floor.
I shoved Zenitsu off me and wiped the dirt off my Haori with my hands.

„what's wrong this time?" I asked and looked at Zenitsu. „INOSuke wOnT sTOP BuGgInG MEEE!!"
Zenitsu whined.

I sighed and looked at Inosuke.
„I WAS HUNGRY AND HE DIDNT WANT TO GIVE ME FOOOOOD!!!!!!" Inosuke yelled.
„BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE ANY MONEY ON ME YOU DIMWIT!" Zenitsu yelled.

Before I and Rengoku knew it, they both started arguing. I sighed and gave them at the end some money so that they could feist onto something.

It was soon midday and I could already feel the summer breeze. „I wonder how that woman's leg is doing." I muttered out of a sudden.
„the bite wasn't that deep so I am sure she's ok." Rengoku said with pride.

I nodded at him and waited for Inosuke and Zenitsu to come back. We still have to find this demon.

....

Before we knew it, he already attacked us...

„Come on BE A DEMON KYOJURO!!!" The uppermoon 3 said. „no." Rengoku-San said with a serious look on his face. I was concerned, I am hoping that Rengoku-San won't be that injured like last time.

„YOUVE MIGHT HAVE ESCAPED ME BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON MY PASSION." Rengoku-San yelled.

Before I knew it the fight got more intense.
I tried to help Rengoku-San but the fight got so intense that j is couldn't help anymore. They were so fast.

We have to lead him somehow into the sun. We have to get him out of this forest!

Y/Ns POV

„Y/N are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?" B/N asked. I shook my head and looked at my wound. „I don't think it would be necessary, I think we should spend that money on our food." I said and smiled at my brother.

Sometimes he's just to sweet. I can't help but smile at him. I looked at the sky. It was soon evening.
I wonder what those swordsmen are doing.
I smiled to myself and tried to stand up.
„Onee-Chan don't move!! Or the wound will never heal!" my brother said and tried to push me down on to my futon bed.

But he was to weak, I was still able to stand up with no problem.

I walked out into the woods to get a better view of the sunset, while ignoring the calls of my brother.
As I got closer I thought I started to imagine things but..

There they were Tanjiro and his friends carrying a unconscious Rengoku.

I tried to run to them but barely did.
„What Happened?!" I asked, I was worried Rengoku was soaked with blood.
„It's kinda a long story." Tanjiro said and smiled worriedly.

„Is there any shelter near by?!!!" a blond headed boy asked, while trying to get a bit closer to my face.
I nodded and yelled „follow me!!"

...

A few minutes went by and we finally arrived to my home. My mom and my brother were surprised to see the same men that they saw yesterday, and two new men they never seen before and neither did I.

We laid Rengoku on to one of our spare futon beds and started to treat his wounds immediately.
While I was cleaning his Haori, I asked „Tanjiro can you tell me what finally happened?"

Tanjiro sighed and said „ We were fighting an upper rank demon. That we were hunting for a long time but the demon got even stronger than the last time we saw him. So Rengoku-San got hit really badly while trying to protect Zenitsu."

„Zenitsu? Who's that?" I asked out if curiosity.
„He's that blond guy from earlier that didn't give you your privacy." Tanjiro said while scratching the back of his neck. I nodded and continued to clean Rengokus Haori.

„I'll go check Rengoku-San quickly." He said and left me so that he could go check on him.
I kept washing his haori until it was nice and clean.

„Hey Y/N~" I jumped as I heard somebody behind me. It was Zenitsu. „Whatcha doin?" he asked while giggling at the same time.
„I was just about to return Rengokus Haori." I said and tried to walk away. But he blocked my way.
„How old are you Y/N?~" He asked.
I sighed and said „I'm 19 can you please let me through?"

Eventually I finally made it into my house.
„Oh Y/N!" Tanjiro walked to me.
I waved at him and went into the guest room, where Rengoku is currently sleeping.

I placed his Haori next to the futon bed.
Before I stood up, I took a quick look at his face.
I never got a glimpse because I only saw him fighting. I never knew he was so....handsome.
He looked so peaceful in his sleep.
But as I was about to leave the room, I felt something grab my wrist. It felt somehow warm.

It was Rengoku. He was fully awake.
Just a minute ago he looked dead asleep.
He smiled kindly at him and whispered a quick „thank you" before letting my wrist go.
I smiled at him nervously and left the room.

I wonder how long he was awake.

That was one crazy chapter 🥹 I never really planned it like that ~Tem