air ducts

*Y/N POV*
i woke up to my arms empty, "Robin?" i ask sitting up, "yeah honey?" she says leaning back, so i can see her face from the bathroom.

"oh nothing, just didnt know where you were." i say while leaning back into the bed, "you're adorable, but you need to get up, we gotta go to work." she says while leaning back in, i slowly get up, but i eventually do.

i hop in the shower, and then get dressed. by the time i get ready its past nine, we walk out the door and i get into my car.

Robin grabs her bike, "umm, love what're you doing?" i ask her through an open, "grabbing my bi-" "no. get in." i say cutting her off, she shrugs but throws her bike back down, and gets in the car.

i start the car and head towards Starcourt mall. i once again put my hand on her thigh, "so are we going to tell people about us?" i ask Robin, breaking the silence, "not right now. it'll come out eventually." she sighs.

we make it to Starcourt, and head inside to Scoops Ahoy. surprisingly Dustin and Steve are already there behind the counter, "oh nice of you guys to show up." Steve says sarcastically, "yeah yeah whatever dingus." i say, walking past them to check in.

soon, it was opening time, and like usual there were a ton of people, well since Steve, Robin, and i have to stay and work we sent Dustin with the binoculars to go look at the shipments again.

we waited for like 20 minutes, and served everyone,  before a familiar curly haired boy slams the back entrance, i run over to him, "are you ok?" i say while checking him for cuts, bruises, etc. "im fine." he says while pushing my hands away, and going over towards Steve.

"hey, dingus. she was just trying to help." Robin says a little annoyed. he just rolls his eyes in response, "do you guys want to know what i found out or not?" he asks annoyed, we all look at each other and shrug.

we take a seat at the table, but Dustin still stands and he paces a couple times, "that keycard opens the door, but unfortunately the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. whatevers in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really dont want anyone to find it." he says while still pacing.

Robin's looking at her scooper, and Steve's spinning his hat in his finger while leaning back, while im leaning on the table with my hands propping up my chin, "but there's gotta be a way in." i say concerned.

Steve sits upright in his chair, "well you know...i could just take him out." he says while looking at Robin, Dustin and i. "take who out?" Robin asks Steve, oh god just adorable, "the Russian guard." he says simply, i let out a low chuckle and lean back in my chair, stifling a laugh.

"what? i sneak up behind him, i knock him out, and i take his keycard. its easy." he says like its so easy, "yeah did you not hear the part about the big gun?" i ask him. he looks at me with disbelief, "yes, y/n i did, thats why i'll be sneaking." he says while making a guy walk with his fingers.

" please tell me this, and be honest, have you actually ever...won a fight?" Dustin asks Steve, making him even more mad. "ok, that was one time-" he says before getting cut off, "twice. Jonathan, year prior?" i say smugly.

"listen that doesnt count." Steve says defending himself, "why wouldn't it count? because it looked like he beat the shit out of you." Dustin says backing me up.

Steve and Dustin argue a bit more, and Robin grabs my hand under the table and gives it a squeeze, and i get butterflies. like really badly. and i just stare at the masterpiece in front of me. Robin smiles, then looks up. her smile slowly fades, "Robin?" i ask, "that just might work." she says while getting up.

the boys stop arguing and look at her, she goes over to the counter and grabs some money from the tips, "Robin?" Steve asks, while Robin runs out from behind the counter.