Vecna's Curse

*ROBIN'S POV* 

 me and y/n woke up at 6 a.m, to get ready for work, well i got ready, she just slept, and to open the store at 7. "oh, shit. i gotta run by my house real quick, so i can take a shower and stuff. so is it cool if i drop you off at the store? Steve should be there." she gives me a smile, and i nod. how could i ever say no to her? the ride to the store was a bit longer than it has been before, probably because she was driving a little slower, and it was stupidly early, but it was fine. we may not have talked, but she had her hand on my thigh, and the radio was blasting. we finally reach the store and Steve was standing outside on the sidewalk, waiting for us, "finally! there you two lovebirds are! i've been freezing my ass off for the past 30 minutes!" he says as he fixes his hair, "well, we're girls, we take time to get this beautiful." y/n says shrugging, i turn to her before getting out of the car, "baby, you're already this beautiful." she blushes, and gives me a kiss, "i'll be back later, alright? i just gotta take a shower and get ready." i was already out of the car, and just looking at her through the window, "alright, i'll see you then." she then slowly drives off, and Steve looks at me with jealousy, "okay number one, where is she going? number two, stop. you guys are so cute together, i wish someone loved me like that. and number three, can you PLEASE open the door? it's freezing, oh my, God."

i laugh, "though it's none of your business, she has to go get ready. number two, thank you, i really think she's the one, and i gotta tell you stuff once we're inside. and number three, i'm TRYING, it's too cold and my fingers are numb." he then grabs the keys away from me, and unlocks the door, "see, it wasn't that hard was it?" i roll my eyes, and go into the store. we both clock in, and then the store is open. it's a Saturday, so i'm pretty sure we'll have a shit ton of business. it rolls around to 8'oclock, and y/n still isn't here. so i decide now's the time to tell Steve about how much i love y/n. "okay, so you know at the basketball game, when Tammy was singing you called her a Muppet? yeah, you remember." he nods, "yeah, since i was the one who said it." i put a movie on the shelf, "yeah, okay anyway. you know, then y/n laughed. it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either. it was like...it was a real genuine laugh." i go around the shelf, to try and express how cute the laugh was, "of course. it's my Muppet joke. it's hilarious." he's not understanding, "my point is, y/n laughed and everything was just like...it was perfect." he just nods, "but?" i sigh, "but, i'm having this problem where it's like, i should stop talking. i have everything i need to say, but then i get nervous, and the words keep spilling out, and it's like my..my brain is moving faster than my mouth, or..or rather my..my mouth is moving faster than my brain. i'm digging a hole for myself , and i want to stop digging, i'm trying to stop, but i can't. and i'm doing it right now, aren't i?" i finally stop rambling, and look at Steve because my back was turned towards him.

he has his hand up on the shelf, and the other on his hip, "yeah. you are." i exhale, "oh, i'm hopeless." i say as i lean back on the poster, "look Robin, i don't understand why you get so nervous around y/n. she's literally your girlfriend. and she literally loves you, for you. she loves your rambling, and your nonsense. she LOVES you, Robin. and you love her, so i'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how much you ramble, because i know for a fact that no matter how deep you dig the rambling hole, y/n will listen to every. single. word. and you're not hopeless." he finishes while heading towards me. he then leans back on the poster too, "we both are, to be honest." i look at him, and have a thought, "if only we could just, like, combine." he glances at me, "combine?" the door opens and it's y/n, "i'm sorry, why are we combing?" i run over to her and scoop her into my arms, she has a very unique smell, it's like sage and lavender, but it's not too much it's over powering. "woah, hey Robin. now, why are you combing with Steve?" Steve then walks towards us, and does the same pose that he did earlier, "well, okay. as i was saying. think about it Steve. i know exactly what i want, i found the girl of my dreams," i wink at y/n, she blushes and quickly hides her face, "meanwhile, you go on a million dates. and you have no idea what you want, so if we combined, all our problems would be solved. because, let's face it, alone-" y/n starts nodding, "you guys totally suck." i can't help but agree, "totally and utterly." i then gasp, "i think i found our morning movie." i then run over to the first shelf, and grab the movie, "Doctor Zhivago." Steve and y/n sigh, "you know i don't do double VHS." Steve says while walking towards me, "i mean, i'm done with whatever Robin picks." i smile, "it's two against one, buddy. and besides it's about doomed love." he grabs a cart, "well, that's relatable." y/n crosses her arms, "speak for yourself." i look over at her, then back at Steve.