McDreamy wasn't so dreamy after all.

Presently, Meredith was in a sour mood. She awoke with the gloomy, uneasy feeling we all wish we had in our twenties. She knew something bad would happen, and she had to drag herself to work today. A good day not to be a surgeon. After she informed Cristina, Cristina began to look around to see if someone had a bomb. She said, "Meredith, I'm still on the way to becoming a Cardio God. It's too dangerous for me." Cristina shrieked in a panic. Her head, still working like an ostrich's. 

"This time, well maybe, it won't be a bomb. We might all get shot. Or perhaps the hospital will catch on fire and burn us all to our deaths". Meredith says, trying to placate her down.

"Right now, I genuinely hate you." 

Meredith may have spoken so nonchalantly, but she was absolutely terrified of what was coming. Going home would allow her to relax while waiting it out. But sadly, she had only begun her shift.

Her pager beeps as she was going to get her morning coffee. Multiple traumas caused by multiple bike collisions. All interns were required to go to the ER. After this was over, she just needed a hot soak with red wine in the bathtub.

That's if she survives.

She was given a patient who had three bicycle spokes lodged in his tibia. The surgical wound required early care to lower the possibility of losing function in the limb. However, the patient was being difficult. Meredith needed his parent's permission because he was a minor. However, the patient was being difficult and refused to allow anyone to call his parents.

Meredith finally had success retrieving the children's data after over an hour. They were able to begin working on his leg once his mother got in. He apparently went out with his friends after midnight without telling his mother. One of the children died after they all dared one another to leap over the train tracks in an attempt to escape the approaching train. Meredith was worn out from getting the patient's mother to quit yelling and agitating everyone. Moreover, it was still early in the afternoon.

Their entire morning had been spent in the operating room. Meredith just needed a cup of coffee. All morning she had been too busy to obtain one. And sooner or later she was going to have to summon Baba Yaga if she didn't get one.

When she ran into George, she was heading to the cafeteria to buy some awful hospital coffee, which was at least better than nothing. She had been avoiding him. His heart eyes were too much, and she didn't want to break his heart. She was already with Derek and he knew that. But that didn't stop the obvious liking for her. If she'll call it that. It seemed more like an infatuation to her.

"Hey Meredith." Geroge said smiling.

"Hello George." Meredith tries to hide her thoughts with a smile.

"Um- Are you getting coffee?" Geroge asked nervously.

"Yes, that's why we're at the coffee place right?" Meredith asks.