In my dreams, they were angels circling.

Chapter 3

"Oh, you're going to love this." Cristina says as she meets Meredith in the hallways. The hospital was completely packed.

"Love what?" Meredith says, rushing to change, as Cristina trails after her.

"An apartment building collapsed, and Seattle Grace was the closest dispatch. And you know what that means? Neat surgery opportunities." Cristina says, grinning widely.

"You know people are dying, right, Cristina?"

"God bless their hearts and their sacrifice for us." Meredith just shakes her head at Cristina's antics.

"Since when were you a Christian?" Meredith inquires.

"Since now." Cristina closes her eyes and puts her hands together to mimic a prayer while peaking from one eye. Their conversation is interrupted by Bailey walking up to them.

"We have stocks of wounded patients already crowding the ER. I need you guys stitching and cleaning injuries until an attending needs you to scrub in with them." Bailey says with that bored expression that is always present on her face. 

"Well, what are you waiting for? Move your asses. We don't have all day." Bailey barks at them as she sees them still standing. All the interns immediately all scurry away looking for patients to sew. Bailey looks at them with a satisfied smirk as they all run away. She wasn't called Nazi for nothing. Small but Mighty.

____________________________________________________________________

The interns observe a young girl being wheeled to the operating room while they are more than halfway through the patients. She had just been brought in by the paramedics and had large pieces of broken glass stuck to her back. She had blood all over her. The ER was awash in her screams and begs for rescue. "I want my mommy, please - pl- please get me mommy." She was sobbing so badly that her voice broke.

She continued to shake and scream angrily despite the nurses' best efforts to calm her down. In order to calm her down for surgery, the staff promptly administered midazolam. However, they had to exercise caution because midazolam can have negative consequences on people who had coronary artery disease.

 Burke and Bailey were asked to scrub in. The hospital staff was busy, and Richard was focused on maintaining order in the hospital.

"O'Malley, I want you in that OR now." Burke shouts. George quickly puts down his suture and hands his patient over to Alex to take care of. He immediately runs trying to catch up with Burke while tripping on the slippery hospital floors.

"Lucky bastard." Alex says sewing his patient so he could finish George's patient.

"Okay, now he's just being petty." Cristina complains as she sees that Burke completely ignored her.

"Are you and Burke still fighting?" Meredith says still concentrating on her patient. Cristina replies with a grunt.

"And now he's just picking anyone to get under my skin. I haven't scrubbed into any of his surgeries this month." Following a heated argument, Cristina and Burke avoided speaking to one another except under rare instances. Cristina is beginning to question their relationship because they have been fighting so much.

"Trouble in paradise huh." They all turned their heads to the patient that had just spoken.

"I will stab you with a suture." Cristina says, rolling her eyes.

"Hurry up Meredith, so we can go watch the surgery. Since Burke wouldn't let me into his OR." Cristina says as she continues sewing.

********""**************""""