9.

Author's Pov -

Megha was lying on her bed staring at her engagement ring. This is all she did now days.

It had been one week since her engagement. She recalled the day when Inder took her out that evening.

He didn't answered her unasked questions . All he did was he took her name as if it was a powerful mantra , that will solve everything.

Inder dropped her home back and then left with his family. The date of marriage was not fixed yet. Both of their families will decide it with the association of the priest.

Megha felt a little sad when Inder didn't asked for her phone number. Wasn't he interested in her ?

The first thing men do when they like you is asking for your number isn't it ? But seems like Inder loves to proof every theory wrong.

She thought Inder will ask for her contact number at the end of the function but then they just had an eye contact and he left. Crushing her hopes of talking over phone calls.

Megha felt awkward and shy to ask for his number. She had never done it before.

Talking to a guy all alone , having his hands around yourself and then craving for his number. This was the new field she was entering.

When she thought about their moments her mind was filled with dilemma.

They were just engaged she shouldn't have allowed him that close . Though it was just few mere touches but Megha knew it was quite fast. But then his touches made her feel everything new.

Her cousins were teasing her and few of the relatives even mocked her by saying that Inder is so good looking , Megha is lucky to have him.

And what about him. Megha was sure no one told him that he was lucky because the average looks of Megha were no where around him. Right.

Her mother came in rushing to her room. Megha looked at her with wide eyes.

"I talk to the priest today " Mrs Biswas expressed the reason for her run.

"He told us that the auspicious timing is after two months " Mrs Biwas completed her dialogue.

"Two months isn't it early" Megha pondered.

"Shut up . What do you want two years " Mrs Biswas expressions changed from happy to dissatisfied.

Megha didn't reacted to that. Two months . Just two months. She repeated.

" I will talk to Mrs Vyas and then we can officially decide the date" With this line Mrs Biswas went out of the room.

Later in the evening Mrs Biswas told Megha that she had a talk with Mrs Vyas and that they are fine with the marriage happening after two months.  They will discuss it with the priest.

Did Inder knew he was getting married after two months ? Was he informed ? Megha only thought about his approval.

Her mother told her that Rakshit will be getting married in few days.

Megha made her way in her room after having her dinner. She unlocked her phone and saw no exciting notifications . Just the few were from different shopping apps , or from her school groups.

Talking about school. Her work load was going to increase as the exams were approaching. She has to make notes for different topics and then she will teach it in the classroom.

Once Megha heard a student praising her that she makes topics understandable and her notes are always a help. This compliment boosted Megha's confidence and she did her teaching with more dedication.