Hiding struggles.

The alarm buzzed loudly, to Slushi it suddenly sounded louder than usual; her paw flew over it, silencing it once more.

Slushi's eyes fluttered open, the pain within her chest still lingered from the night before. Taking a deep breathe, she forced herself to sit up. 'What do I do? If I can't get this under control, people will know.' These thoughts and similar ones persisted on lingering, no matter how busy she kept herself.

With no other option, she decided to just get ready for collage.
She trotted over to the bathroom, hoping that a warm shower would wash away the persistent dread and fears that were present.

Stepping in to the shower, she turned the tap on letting the water cover her; soaking the fur. She began applying soap to her body, going slowly as to not miss any part. She went from the neck down, finishing with her ears and muzzle. Then let the water wash the soap away, while pushing the water down off her body.

After she was done the tap was switched off. Slushi grabbed towels to get off all the access water, doing it in a fast motion left her arms feel dead due to exhaustion. She then went over to the hair dryer drying her fur while brushing it, so there wasn't any lugs or imperfections in the mint green fur. The brush slid smoothly down without any struggle; making it all smooth and pleasant to the touch.

Slushi's anxiety went up again,
'what if I'm overreacting, or I make my friends uncomfortable?' She felt dizzy, the pressure to seem perfect, and well put together started to build up.

Shaking the feeling off, she continued with getting ready.
Slushi left the room going back in to her bed room and over to the desk, grabbing all of the work she had been doing the previous night, placing it into her green bag with little slushi cups printed onto it.

Walking down stairs, she glanced at the kitchen but felt too much dread to even think about eating, so she went to the front door, grabbed the key, unlocked the white door; swing it open.
Stepping out side Slushi closed her eyes and took in the cold air into her lungs. Then closed the door locking It.

It felt uncomfortable to see that others were so happy, so why wasn't she? The path to collage wasn't far, which was good as Slushi didn't like to spend time alone thinking.

Going there, she kept her head down looking at her paws while walking, she had came to accustom for the path so it didn't require her to look at the building ahead.

Arriving, Slushi's head shot up in reflex to hearing the voice of a fimilar person.
"Hey! Slushi, just us today, others are off due to covid." (Y/n) called ceerfully. Looking up Slushi smiled softly at them.

She began to panic inside again 'ahh, not them I can't let them know I like them. What if they don't like me back?" Thinking this she decided to try to hide everything.

"Yeah that's great!" Slushi spoke trying to sound cheerful.
She then walked past them without a second look.
Walking over to a bench untill her class began, luckily she had only one today, so it wasn't that much of a hassle.

(Y/n) walked up to Slushi with a worried stare plastered on.
"Are you alright?" They asked.
"Yeah fine, just alittle tried," Slushi quickly made up, the cheerfulness that once lingered had came to a halt, but luckily
(y/n) didn't notice.

Ding Ding!

9am struck, then both of them started making their way to the lecture hall. Slushi kept at a slow pace, which was different to her more energetic side which (y/n) was accustom to, but they brushed it off and just blamed it on lack of sleep.

She dragged her feet into the large room and over to her seat, lazily placing her equipment onto the desk. It came apparent to her that, she wouldn't be able to hind it anymore; having no energy to do so.

Slushi hadn't noticed the professor talking, due to being lost in thought, she remained like this till the very end with only the ending bell breaking her from thought, missing all the information.

Then she pushed herself up placing all her Astuff back into her bag, and stubbled back out there hopping to go back to bed. She kept this mindset until what she feared happened.

"Since we've got no class, and the day is still young, want to hang out? I know it's only us, but I bet we can still have fun." (Y/n) asked. Slushi never liked turning people down, so she felt like she had to.
"Yeah, sure." She replied abit too coldly for her liking.
They directed Slushi to a park that was a 5 minute walk from the collage they were at.

Traveling there, none of them made a noise, both in thought.
Slushi didn't like keeping in her head, due to this cursed thought but felt too uncomfortable to speak.

The tiny desolate park held only a worn down swing set, a slide with patchy paint job and cupple green benches. A bench is what both of them rested on.

"Are you sure you're ok? You seem more sad than usual." (Y/n) asked, looking straight at her.
"Not entirely, but it's fine" Slushi answered choosing not to look back at them.

"You can tell me. You don't have to deal with whatever is bugging you alone. Voicing your problems won't make your any less of a person." (Y/n) tried reassuring her.

She opens her mouth to speak, but nothing came out, Slushi clenched her jaw once more. Her heart felt heavy, all the things she so begged to tell, yet still she felt afraid to do so. All she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry.

For the most part, it all felt uncomfortable, no one has ever asked about her problem- due to her never reveling that she had any- this was new; Slushi knew she could trust them but still didn't want to.

(Y/n) could see tears welling up so, they pulled her into a hug, which instantly made her blush softly. "It's alright take a deep breath, if you don't want to tell me, you don't have to; I'm here for you when ever your ready," they reassured her. Slushi smiled softly, finding comfort in those words.
Pulling away, she felt that she needed to tell (y/n) something.
"It's nothing major, it's just anxiety." She replied softly while playing with her fingers.

"A problem is a problem, no matter how small. Just remember I'm always willing to listen to you and I will never judge you." (Y/n) smiled warmly making Slushi blush further.

Slushi peered out towards the sky, the feeling in her chest seemed to clear up abit. The way they were acting told her that, (y/n) was actually willing to help.

Yet now she felt awkward so decided to move subject to break the building tension she felt. "But for now let's just get something to eat yeah?" Slushi suggested in more of a chipper voice.

(I might make a part 2 to this, but I haven't decided yet).
(Let me know if it's bad, I'm open to feedback).