TWENTY-THREE

CHAPTER 23
GOING IN FOR THE KILL

CHAPTER 23GOING IN FOR THE KILL

18+ warning: smut.

"SLOANE, I –"

She slammed the door in his face before he could finish. Turning on her heel, Sloane clenched her hands into fists and began walking away. She needed to, or she was going to scream and cry and say things that she would soon regret. She suddenly forgot why she'd even come in the first place, and it didn't matter anymore. Because she now knew the truth. Sloane only got about five feet down the dingy hallway before his door opened and he called her back.

"Sloane," he said, a hint of pleading in his tone.

She turned slightly. He was only wearing sweatpants now, his torso on full display. He was skinnier than she imagined, but his arms were toned and his chest had a few scars. His eyes were hidden behind his thick-rimmed glasses. She swallowed hard and stood her ground, despite the look of his messy hair making her knees weak.

"Can we talk?" He asked. "Please?"

She looked down at his hands. He was still holding that fucking mask in one of them. Anger settled into her system again. She stomped over, stopping just a foot away from him. The light above their heads flickered. "Why should I hear anything you have to say? It's just going to be more lies, isn't it?" She snagged the mask out of his grip and shook it. "I mean, how fucking long did you plan on keeping this from me?"

"I –"

"You pretended to be two fucking people this entire time. Do you even realize how crazy that is? You're a fucking liar. You lied to me."

"Okay, okay, wait a second," he interrupted, grabbing the mask back and sticking it in his pocket. "It's not something I can tell just anyone, Sloane. Did you expect me to spill my life story to you when we met at the skate park that day? Why I made this whole suit in the first place? Why I stopped being him after so many people died in my arms?"