TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER 24
THE BEETLE

18+ warning: mentions of smut

SLOANE HAD LEFT Peter's apartment feeling a mixture of uneasiness and pleasure

SLOANE HAD LEFT Peter's apartment feeling a mixture of uneasiness and pleasure. Peter had suggested they investigate the bar in Woodside tomorrow night, which made a bubble of anxiety burst in her stomach. Even when she was back at the penthouse, nestled in the sheets of her bed, she felt nothing but apprehension. Especially knowing that Everett was sleeping under the same roof – if he was even sleeping at all.

The pleasure part, however ... Sloane might've gotten fucked one last time before she left Peter's loving embrace. Somehow, even the memory of that didn't comfort her as she struggled to fall asleep.

She woke up later than expected. Sometime between the times of 1 AM and 3 AM, Sloane had to have fallen asleep, but she still woke up groggily at 10. Her headphones were in her ears, the cord tangled in her hair. Her phone buzzed. Sloane groaned and unplugged the cord, flipping her phone over to see who had texted her.

It was Peter. He wished her good morning. He said he missed her.

Sloane had to bite her lip to stop herself from smiling. Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? She typed back, quoting one of her favorite lines from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. His response came only seconds later.

PETER PARKER: Marry me right now

She had sighed, knowing it was a joke. But the prospect still made her heart sink a little. They spent the rest of the day texting as Sloane wrote more of her article. Peter continued to ask if she wanted to come over earlier, and she reminded him at least ten times that finishing her work had to be a priority over fucking. Even though her core throbbed at the thought of him exploring her again. Nevertheless, he didn't have to wait that long to see her again. After having a fairly quiet dinner at the penthouse, she was back at his apartment promptly at 9 PM. He buzzed her in and swung the door open as soon as she knocked.