22 | dominance

Chapter Twenty-Two ᴅᴏᴍɪɴᴀɴᴄᴇ

Chapter Twenty-Two
ᴅᴏᴍɪɴᴀɴᴄᴇ

(NSFW below the ***)

𝐾𝐿𝐴𝑈𝑆

I've got my sketch pad propped on my lap, sitting in a chair beside my bed. The only time she sits still enough for me to draw her is when she's sleeping, but this is the first time I've had the chance since we've been out of our mind room. One of the first ones I actually get to keep.

Her hair is a little tangled from the trials of today and I debate brushing it out for her. It's so long and I think she'd wake up before I even got a chance to finish.

I'd started this picture in an effort to calm my...everything. I'm frustrated with her, so very upset because she didn't listen to me. She held me against the bloody wall while doing something I specifically told her not to do. And she left me with a hard-on in my pants.

Only River Creed can evoke so many emotions in me at once.

It was another thirty minutes before she woke up. Enough time for me to finish my sketch and debate on starting another.

She rolls toward me, burying her face in the sheets. She makes a small noise of discomfort before her eyes open. Immediately, they connect with mine.

She smiles upon seeing me, but then she must see the look on my face because it falls. "I'm hungry," she says, pushing out of the bed. "And I don't want to hear whatever it is you have to say."

I was expecting her to say that.

I point to the plate on my nightstand. "Lettuce wrap with honey bacon."

Her irritation dwindles as she grabs the plate slowly. "My brother's been over?"

He might have told me what kind of food she likes. "I was worried about you. Because you put yourself in danger. On purpose," that last words come out between gritted teeth. I can't contain my anger.

She rolls her eyes, eating her food like she's starved. I give her a few minutes to eat before I chew her out.

"We had just said you weren't going to siphon him by yourself," I continue. "I told you not to do it, and you did it anyway."

She gives a small laugh. "You don't tell me what to do, Klaus. I can make my own decisions."

Before I know it, I'm raising my voice at her. "Not when they're thoughtless decisions! You killed two people in my entryway, River, and hung me against a wall!"