our little world; ekko

omg i realized i left the whole thing unfinished and PUBLISHED it 😭😭😭 anywho enjoy a short thing

•••

you stood on your balcony in silence, the peaceful quiet unusual to you. spending the vast majority of your teenage -and pre-teen- years at parties getting high or drunk had left you now, at sixteen, alone and confused. you had become a people pleaser when you were around thirteen, realizing how easy it was to get a guy to like you. you found out the secret to get any guy to fall for you: have a pretty face and a shitty personality. you already checked one of your box, doing enough exercises and drinking enough water to where your facial shape had completely changed.

fast forward a few years and you're not exactly sure what to do with your life. you had been such a people pleaser that you forgot the person you were, now not knowing who you actually are. you were lucky to be good in school, making good grades, but also not being able to stop your addiction. you were, in some shape or form, constantly under the influence of drugs and alcohol. you didn't bother stopping your addiction, but soon, you would have to leave your petty teen self and become an adult. how could you do this?

you were sick of everyone around you, always telling you to grow up and be more mature. you hated everyone, pushing them away and making them feel so bad to the point they left.

ever since everyone left, you haven't been sure how to feel. you want to experience so many feelings, ones that have been so distant to you since you were a child. it was a feeling that came easy to most, seeming to skip over you as if your addiction made it so you were unworthy of experiencing basic human emotions.

that was, until you met ekko.

•••

you stood on your balcony one again, this time finally not being alone. beside you stood a dark-skinned male with white dreads and dark eyes that sparkled. you couldn't pull your eyes away from the man, constantly admiring his insane beauty. he reminded you of a painting, unique features and all. he suddenly looked back at you, a wave of anxiety shocking you. you had never been so nervous around a man before, but here you were, getting nervous over a simple look.

the man chuckled softly as you kept your gaze locked on the view ahead of you, feeling a sense of deja vu. you had been here at this exact time once, when you were merely sixteen. you were a few years older now and had matured greatly, finding someone who actually loves and cares for you.

you suddenly felt cloth draped over your shoulders, realizing it was ekko's jacket. "it's cold, love. we should go inside," ekko smiled. "i was planning on making pasta."

you nodded, a sparkle in your eye before ekko brought you into a kiss.

if only sixteen year-old you knew love came easier than you thought, and maybe you just need to know where to look for it.