The Vanishing of Will Byers

On November 6th of 1983, five boys were in Mike Wheeler's basement playing there favorite game, Dungeons and Dragons.
"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here." Mike is telling everyone at the table. "What is it?" Will speaks up from across Mike. "What if it's the Demogorgon? Oh Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin asks as he freaks out. "Its not the Demogorgon." Lucas pipes in reassuring Dustin. Logan just watches as the game gets more intense. "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike exclaims slamming the game piece intent of the boys. "Troglodytes?" Dustin asks smiling. "Told ya." Lucas says waving his hand about. Will and Logan just smile. "Wait a minute." Mike says softly. "Did you hear that? That...that sound? Boom...boom...BOOM!" Mike yells as he slams his hand on the table, making all the boys jump back. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that...That came from something else. The Demogorgon!" Mike says while getting louder by each word before slamming the Demogorgon piece down on the table. All of the boys groan in disbelief. "We're in deep shit." Dustin says. "Son of a bitch." Logan breathed out. "Will your action!" Mike asked the boy. "I don't know!" Will says frustrated. "Fireball him!" Lucas says. "I'd have to roll a thirteen or higher." Will says to Lucas. "Cast protection!" Dustin joins the conversation. "Yeah cast protection Will." Logan agrees with Dustin. "Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas says. "Cast protection." Dustin says back. "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. BOOM!" Mike interjects. "Fireball him!" Lucas exclaims. "Another stomp, Boom!" Mike interjects again. "Cast protection." Dustin and Logan say at the exact same time. "He roars in anger!" Mike exclaims. All the boys start to argue of what Will should do. "And fireball!" Will says throwing the dice but it doesn't land on the table. All the boys get up trying to find it freaking out over what number it was. "What number was it? Did you guys find it. Oh my god what if we don't find it?" Logan freaks out searching in the floor for the die. When the door opens to reveal Mrs. Wheeler. "Mike!" Karen yells getting his attention. "Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign!" Mike argued. "You mean the end? Fifteen after." Then she walked back into the kitchen. Mike ran upstairs while the boys were downstairs trying to find the die to see if Will fireballed the Demogorgon or not. Soon Will finds it. "Does a seven count?" Will asks Lucas. "It was a seven? Did mike see it." Lucas asked. Will shook his head. "Then it doesn't count." Lucas continued. Logan put on his jacket and bag before walking upstairs with Will and Lucas. "Yo, hey, guys." Dustin catches their attention. "Does anyone want this?" Dustin asked holding a pizza box. "No." The three boys continue to walk upstairs to the garage where their bikes were.

"Somethings wrong with your sister." Dustin said making Logan look at Stephanie. "What are you talking about?" Mike asked. "She's got a stick up her butt." Dustin said grabbing his bike. Logan nodded in understanding. Not Stephanie, but Nancy. Makes sense. "Yeah it's because she's been dating that douchebag, Steve Harrington." Lucas said. "Yeah, she's turning into a real jerk." Dustin said turning on his light on the front of his bike. Logan got on his bike and turned on his bike light too. "Bye, Stephanie." Logan said peddling off. "Bye Logan." Stephanie said back as she was talking to Will.

The four boys were biking home Lucas's house been closer to Mike's then Logan's. "Goodnight ladies." Lucas said before turning into his driveway. Logan flipping him off with a laugh. "Kiss your mom night for me." Dustin retaliated. They bike for a couple more minutes before Logan spotted his house. "Bye guys see you tomorrow." Logan said pulling into his driveway hearing the yells of Will and Dustin saying goodnight. Logan parked his bike in the garage like always next to his little brother Evans' bike. He closed the garage door and walked inside his house. He put his bookbag on the floor next to the garage door. He walked into the living room seeing his mom reading and his dad watching T.V. He sat on the couch next to his mom. "How was the game?" Marissa, Logan's mom asked setting her book on the table in front of her. "Stressful, Will had to roll a thirteen or higher but he got a seven so the Demogorgon got him." Logan said. Marissa was nodding along with what he was saying. "Wow!" Marissa said with her eyes almost popping out of her skull looking at her husband. James, Logan's father laughing. "Well I'm going to bed. I have to be up early tomorrow. Goodnight baby." Marissa said as she leaned over to kiss Logan's head before getting and walking over to her husband and kissed him knowing he would be up for a little longer talking to Logan because that is what they always did. "Hey dad can we work on the car tomorrow after school? Since you said it wad going to be mine when I turn 16. That is three years away." Logan said looking at his father. "I don't see why not." James said looking at his son. Logan stayed with his father for about twenty minutes longer before he decided to go to bed.