CHAPTER 4

I finally took what Ricardo had told me into consideration, about forming an alliance with Romano

I finally took what Ricardo had told me into consideration, about forming an alliance with Romano. It would be good for business yes, but I could use this as an opportunity to get to know the russian model. After some time of rethinking it, I did just that.

Ricardo took it upon himself to tell Romano about the meeting I want to have with him. Who was I to tell him no? Because I sure as hell wasn't going to be the one to ask Romano.

____________________________________

After being in long and compulsive conversations with unknown people of the mafia, bragging and talking about God knows what, the Gala soon came to an end and I decided to head home, doing enough socialising for the day.

As I arrive in the sweet and comfortable atmosphere of my home, I head straight to my room feeling the drowsiness wash over me.

My shoes were the first thing to come off. My feet were sore and tired after walking in those heels for the whole night. I take off the dress that drew attention to me the whole night, along with the jewellery, before changing into something more comfortable, ready to end the day.

As I get into my bed, I pull the sheet up to my neck snuggling against the soft material.

Though I was still feeling very fatigued, I couldn't go to sleep no matter how hard I tried and I subconsciously frowned. My mind was stuck on the man I barely know anything about, yet I felt a strong attraction towards him. Even though he is just a face with a name.

I tossed and turned in the sheets, trying to find that comfortable position to help me fall asleep, but it didn't work to my avail.

I sighed in defeat and decided to do the one thing I could think of that might help. I pick my phone up off the nightstand and started dialing the one number I knew would help me through anything. My best friend. Talking with Arabella would instantly help my mood. She picked up on the third ring.

"Hi bella." I said into the phone, hearing shuffling on the other end of the phone.

"Val?" She groaned. "Why are you calling at.. 12 in the  morning?"

"Sorry, did I wake you? Then again I don't care."

She chuckled. "No, not really." She sighed. "What's up?" She says before I heard more shuffling.

I bit my bottom lip, tucking it in between my teeth before answering. "I can't sleep, so I decided to call my favourite bitch."

"I'm your only bitch. Now I have a feeling you're not telling me the whole story," She said before pausing. "Talk to me."

I sighed, knowing nothing gets past this woman. "I met this sexy ass guy at a Gala and now I can't get him off my mind." I whined into the phone.

I heard her let out a hearty laugh on the other end. This isn't funny. "I'm guessing he's in the mafia too, yeah?" Arabella knew about me being in the mafia and was surprisingly cool with it. I nodded, then realizing she couldn't see me so I responded with a yes.