CHAPTER 7

Long chapter ahead ♡

Surprisingly, when I asked Romano to grab a drink with me as a thank you, he agreed

Surprisingly, when I asked Romano to grab a drink with me as a thank you, he agreed. And I couldn't be more glad. I didn't really know much about him, so I was planning to use this is an opportunity to get to know him. That is if he lets me.

After Romano agreed, he was persistent on the fact we should take his car instead of mine, so we did. I wasn't in the mood to drive, so why would I turn down such an offer?

As we approach the car, like the gentleman he is, he opens the passenger seat for me. I send him a tight lip smile, rolling my eyes before getting in. He jogs around the front of the car to reach the driver's seat.

I wanted us to go to one of my favorite bars in Rome. He didn't know the way so he followed the gps because I refuse to give him directions. I am way too lazy for that.

I stare at his side profile as he keeps his eyes trained on the road, with his jaw ticking from time to time. He drives with one hand, with the other resting on his thigh, sitting in a man spreading position. How and why does he look so attractive? He's doing everything by doing nothing.

He catches me staring and turns to look at me. After a while he looks back at the road. I cross my legs and look away while clearing my throat. A smirk slowly appears across his face like he already knows the affect he has on me. He knows.

"See something you like милая?" {Darling} He speaks, looking back at me for a split second before his smile turns into a wide grin. His thick Russian accent has me squeezing my legs tighter together, even though I don't understand what he is saying. He lets out a low chuckle at my behavior and I roll my eyes again, with a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips.

For the rest of the car ride, we sat in silence. A comfortable silence.

____________________________________________

After a few minutes, we finally arrive at the bar. Romano parks and turns the car off before getting out and jogging to my side to help me out. He opens the door and outstretches his hand for me to take. I'm a little hesitant at first and eye his hand rather skeptically, before meeting his gaze.

"I don't bite." He says, and slightly shrugs his shoulders. I scoff lowly and place my hand in his, stepping out of the car. I didn't waste another second before unlatching our hands, placing mine back down to my side, smoothing out my dress and approaching the building. A small chuckle escapes Romano's lips as he follows behind me.

We enter the building with Romano directly behind me. He keeps a smirk plastered on his face which brings confusion to mine. I can't help but wonder what's on his nasty, old mind.

As the workers notice our arrivals, they instantly greet us.

"Miss Bianchi! Welcome back." One of the waitresses say to me and I sent her a tight lip smile. The workers were always nice to me and were on their best behavior whenever I came around. I couldn't tell if it was out of fear and the fact I could kill them in the blink of an eye, or they were genuinely this nice to everyone on a daily basis.