Chapter 1: Going Back Home

!!Slight mentions of self doubt!!

Luz's pov

******************

Here I am ready to go home. I wish I could stay forever but I have to see if Mami is okay... though she probably thinks I'm gone for good. 'No Luz, you have to go back, even if it's only for a day'.

I'm gonna miss them all so much. "Eda, King... Hooty I'll see you soon right?" "Kid of course you'll see us, you will visit when you can and us too." Eda said with tears forming. "Hey Eda don't cry, as you said I'll see you soon, ok?" "Okay kid" she said hugging me so tight I thought she was going to break my ribs.

I knew that it might be a while until i see them again because mom will probably try to make me stay. I look around not seeing any of my friends there  'I wonder where everyone else is? Aren't they supposed to be here? Maybe they don't care, maybe they don't like me, what if I did something wrong?... no Luz their your friends they'll be here soon... hopefully.'

3rd person pov

******************

Edric, Emira, Willow, Gus, and Amity all decided they were going to meet up at the library to walk to the owl house together.

None of them wanted Luz to leave but they understood why she had to, though Amity wanted to confess how she had liked her for a while now but she couldn't muster up the courage to do it. "What if we went with her?" Amity suggested out of the blue. "What!?" the rest shouted surprised she would even suggest that. "What if we went with her." Amity said bluntly "No Amity we heard you its just... us, witches going to the human realm. I don't think that's a good idea." Willow said. "Yea sis, don't think I don't want to it's just if we got caught, we could get hurt." Emira told her, Edric nodded in agreement. 

"I wanna go!!!" Gus said raising his hand. "Come on guys, it could be fun, we could try human food, and see Luz's realm." "Really!?!" Edric Exclaimed, Emira punched him lightly in the shoulder. "Ok, but what if we hid our ears and no magic I think we would be fine, right?" Edric asked.  "I don't think it's a good idea but if we do something to hide our ears, AND NOT USE MAGIC... I guess it couldn't hurt." Willow said looking at Gus who was playing with illusions. "Well if you guys are going I guess I will to. Only to look out for my little sis though" Emria reluctantly said. "Ok well then it's settled, we better get going if we're going to catch her before she leaves." Amity said.

On their way they discussed on how they were going to get through the portal without Luz or Eda stopping them. They decided that when Eda was about to close the door they would run through, hopefully Eda wouldn't come after them. 

Amity pov

******************

When we arrived at the owl house we saw Luz, King, Eda, and... Hooty, I still don't like that bird tube. Luz turned toward us and ran, she gave us a thing called 'a group hug'. she backed up... 'wait are those tears... probably from having to leave' and said "I'm gonna miss you guys so so much, especially-" she cut herself off. "I promise I'll visit every chance I get." Luz said "Well good news for you we're goi-" I put my hand on Gus's mouth to shut him up. "What Gus?" "Nothing Luz" he said muffled by my hand. "Ok well... um... Amity can I talk to you" Luz said in her classic sweet tone. "Sure!" "...privately?" Luz said glaring at everyone else, 'I wonder why she's looking at them like that...' "YUP!! no problem..." Ed said looking like he saw a ghost. I took my hand off of Gus's mouth and they all left including Eda and King. "Amity... umm.. heh... I wanted to say I'm gonna miss you a lot. I promise you'll be the first person I look for when I visit next!!" Luz said with a happy and excided expression. "Okay..." I said trying to give a small smile. "Is something wrong Amity?" "No no I'm ok I promise" It was hard lying to Luz but if we told her she would never let us come with. "Well Ami it's time for me to leave" Luz said with an obvious fake smile, I could tell something was wrong but I didn't pry. It's almost time to leave to the human realm.

Luz said her goodbyes to Eda and King. Luz went through the portal we all knew this was our chance, we ran to the door...

Author's note: Hi, this is my first story so I'm not really good at this, but I hope that whoever reads this (if anyone does) that thank you for the time you took to read and if you have tips on how to write better I would love to hear them. Please be kind, if you don't like please just don't read, thank you.     Ps. read the description for the ages of the characters.