Chapter 8: Meeting Up

Amity pov

*****************

6:00 PM

Camila cooked some food for everyone I felt bed for having her cook because of what happened with Luz but she said it was a good distraction. We all ate then me, Camila, and Willow all sat down on the couch. Camila turned on a 'TV', is what she called it, the thing that played was boring to me. We sat there for about 30 minutes until Camila said "It's been a while, can we message her or something?". "Yea go ahead, I'm worried she's never been out this long without telling us." Willow said. "Amity," "Yea?" I asked "I think it's best if you text her. She tends to listen to you so can you do it?" Camila wished. "Yeah I can do it." "Here, here's my phone it's already on her contact". I texted Luz and it said "Hey, this is Amity, Luz are you ok it's been a while since you left. Do you know when you're coming back?" about 2 minutes passed since I sent it and Willow asked "Did she respond?" "No, not yet".

We waited about 25 minutes until I texted her again worried "Luz are you ok?! I'm worried, are you coming home yet? Please respond". Approximately 15 seconds later I saw a text from her "Guys! She responded!!" I squealed. Everyone jumped hearing me yell "Really! What did she say!?" Camila asked. I read the text and it said 'Hey Amity, I'm ok. Umm I'm not coming home.' "What!?" I shouted. "Is it bad?" Willow asked sadly I didn't respond to her I just texted Luz back and said "What?! You said you would be home soon". 'I'm not coming home today, probably not for a couple days. I'm sorry' she explained "But you said you would be home soon! A couple days is not soon!" I typed getting angry. 'A couple days is soon for me. I'm sorry I just can't come home.' Luz said. "Why!?! Please just come home, we're all worried about you" I responded but then I got a call from her taking a couple seconds to decide if I wanted to answer, I picked up the phone.

"Hey Amity" as soon as I heard her voice I got angry "Luz! You can't just leave!" I yelled. The others looked at me confused and sad. "I can 'just leave' I'm 17, I'm almost an adult. Please just don't be upset with me, I can't come home" Luz said calmly. 'How can she be so calm right now!? She knows I'm angry with her!'. "WHY! Why can't you come home Luz!? It's as simple as walking back the way you came!" I said furiously. "I can't come home because... look I just can't." she reassured. I wasn't going to give up though "Luz come home now! You need to come home, you won't be able to be out there for long!" I shrieked. I could tell that Luz was getting mad now too "Yes I will!! I've been out here for months at a time, I think a couple days will be fine!". When I heard that I went from pissed to grim 'She's been out for MONTHS before? Months, how?'. "What?" I asked concerned "Yea I've been out here for a while before..." she said sadly. "Why?" I questioned "Because when stuff happened between mom and... I would run away for a while." Luz said. I could hear her crying "Oh... Luz I'm so sorry. Ok, where are you can I come see you?" I asked. "Fine but there's one slight problem... I don't know where I am" she said. I sighed 'Of course. I mean this is Luz we're talking about, of course she doesn't know where she is". "How do you not know where you are?" I asked pinching the bridge of my nose. "Because I just ran as fast as I could without looking where I was going. The only thing I know is I'm in a forest near a river". "Do you know which direction to came from to get to the river?" I asked "Yea, why?" "Because I want you to go that way and then just stay put." I said annoyed. "Ok." Luz spoke "Luz can I ask you something?" I questioned "Sure." she answered. "Why did you have that breakdown in your room? Camila told me it was because she yelled at you but I wanna know why she yelled". She was silent for a few seconds "Well umm..." I could see she did not want to tell me "Luz you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I reassured. "Amity I'm here" Luz said "Oh ok, do you know if you ran straight from the door?" I asked trying to get an idea of where to go. "Umm, yea I think I just ran straight for a while." she said "Ok I'm on my way". "Ok. See you in a bit." was the last thing I heard before I hung up the call.