Chapter 6- The How Works

Will and I sit next to each other with his arm wrapped around me as the twelve of us are assembled in a room. We were looking at different screens that revealed six of the Infinity Stones. "Okay, so the how works. Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." Steve says.

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones," Tony says.

"Well, I haven't but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about," Scott says.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce says.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?" Tony says.

"Which means we have to pick our targets," Clint says.

"Correct," Tony says.

"So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asks. We turned our heads to see Thor sitting on a chair with his sunglasses on. We couldn't tell if he was awake or asleep. I roll my eyes.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha asks.

"No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." I say. "Hey, Thor!" Thor suddenly wakes up and walks to the screen with the Aether on it.

"Uh, where to start? Um...The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before. Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of a thing so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that." Thor says, using eye drops. "Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago...had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooh." Thor chuckles to himself. "Scary beings. So, Kaitlyn, actually...hi, Kaitlyn..." Thor waves at me. A picture of me pops up on the screen.

"Yeah, so, Kaitlyn got infected with the Aether and she became very, very sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from and we had to try and fix her. She got to meet my family. She met my mother...who's dead and, um...Oh, you know, and Kaitlyn, she died but came back, which I'm still wrapping my head around that..." Thor started to trail off, and I frowned at him as Tony walked up to him.

"Why don't you come sit down?" Tony asks.

"I'm not done yet. The only thing that is most precious about life is life itself." Thor says.

"Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?" Tony asks.

"No. I'd like a Bloody Mary." Thor says.