Chapter 13- Tunnel Escape

Clint, Will, and I run with the Infinity Gauntlet while the Outriders continue to chase us

Clint, Will, and I run with the Infinity Gauntlet while the Outriders continue to chase us. Will trips on a metal grate, and I run over to help him up.

"Come on, Will, we gotta keep going!" I say.

"I don't think I can," Will says.

"The Outriders are getting close. We can't let them get the stones." I say.

"Kaitlyn, my leg is broken. I can barely walk." Will says. "I have to stay here."

"What? No! I'm not leaving here without you." I say.

"Guys, what are you doing?! Come on." Clint says.

"Will says he can't keep going," I say.

"What?" Clint says.

"I'm holding you guys up. I have to stay down here." Will says. I see two Outriders approaching us and I take them out with a blast of blue energy.

"You are not holding us up. We can get you out of here." I say.

Will shakes his head. "Kait. It's too late for me."

I bend down next to Will. "No, it's not too late. Come on. Just take my hand." I extend my hand out to Will. He just looks at me.

"Guys, we really need to keep moving," Clint says.

"Will, come on," I say.

"You really are stubborn, you know that?" Will says.

"And you're just now realizing that? Come on." I say. Will takes my hand, and I carefully help him up. The three of us continue to run down the tunnel. As we run, Clint plants explosive arrows on the walls, and they go off, setting the Outriders on fire. I create a force field to protect us from the blast as we are knocked to the ground.

Clint pulls Will and me close and attaches a rope that begins to pull us upward. An Outrider grabs Will and pulls him down. "No! Will!" I shout.

"Kaitlyn!" Clint takes out his sword and fends off the remaining Outriders while I let go of Clint and take out the Outrider that was attacking Will.