[38]: GreenHouse

⚠️ [TW]: OPIOIDS ⚠️

Since when was it raining?

The moment you finally managed to pry the heavy door at the roof-entry open, huge dollops of rain suddenly came bucketing down on your head.

It felt like small rocks being thrown at you, so immediate to overwhelm all of your senses.

You blindly stumble out into the chaos, arms outstretched and swinging around, looking for some sort of comfort, something to lean against. Your eyes wince, while your teeth grind together, forcing short breaths.

Your legs are weak, barely able to support your body weight—alongside the additional challenge of your extreme misbalance.

God, it's so harsh.

So loud.

All you wanted was some fresh air. Instead: you were swarmed with a tsunami of rain and strong winds, making it hard to stay balanced, and immediately drenching your clothes.

As your eyes dart back and fourth—blinded by shooting shards in front of you—you somehow managed to catch a brief glimpse of what looked to be a small building on the other side of the roof.

Thinking carefully about the distance between you and that greenhouse of promise, you consider turning around and heading back the way you came.

However, that option was clearly the lesser of the two. You resented the idea of going back to that club in your current state.

Through all the haze, you still somehow knew what was good for you.

And at this moment, the best thing for you was simply peace and quiet.

So, though the mental debate was short-lived, quiet alone time was definitely not attainable under the Sky's ultimate wrath. So, you made your way towards the greenhouse.

One foot after the other...

As your target grew closer, you found your steps grew messier with every move. It was like you were walking on a human-sized ant trap, so slow and sticky.

And suddenly, you were almost running.

Every step was suddenly you simply catching yourself from falling. You weren't running, you were just tripping over and over again.

Moving faster and faster, desperately swinging every limb in hopes of it keeping you upright. You tried to flee the rain. The sidelines of your vision had long blurred into nothingness. It felt like your dizzy intoxication had all caught up to you all at once, in this very moment.

But the greenhouse was so close.

Just reach for it!

Your body had become completely weakened. And somehow, your mind had lost the ability to be too concerned about it.