[66]: Tomfoolery

⚠️ [TW]: CUTENESS ⚠️

ONE WEEK LATER

Was this wrong?

Should you have told them?

You clutched onto your firearm like your life depended on it, and you pressed your back against the large gate, peering around the side of it.

If they had known...the others, they would have come after you.

No.

You shook your head, dismissing the thoughts. This was the best option.

Leaving them out of it was safer for everyone. You followed your intuitive drive and chose to protect the team, by going in alone.

Maybe that much was naive.

Because maybe your body - that was not yet in good health - had been driven this far by nothing but your ego, clawing for your place on the food chain.

Maybe you had no chance at succeeding in this at all.

But, there you were, anyway.

Ready.

Standing alone, once again, at the entrance of the Nakamura residence.

Your blood and muscles had this constant, never-ending electric tremor, with a steady mix of nerves and adrenaline firing you up.

You had no idea how this was going to go.

But, you had your goal.

The last few days that you spent with the boys had given you a slice of life.

A teaser, or tester. A free sample as to what life could have been like, if not for how you had turned out. A one-week free trial, for you to see what peace and freedom truly felt like.

And, although it was hard to relax into it, you'd be lying if you said you didn't start to get comfortable.

You had this sense of contentment in your bones that - even if this all goes wrong, and you end up meeting your fate early - at least they can't say you didn't try.

Over the last week, the boys had built up this foreign feeling in you, that felt like something worth fighting for. 

It was like a keyhole-sized light source in a very dark room. The light was pulsing and pulling, teasing you to come closer.

A possibility.

And all you had to do was reach.

You closed your eyes, and clenched your gun as the memories started to colour your mind like vibrant flashbacks.

—————

"Jimin, stop it!" You pleaded, but to no avail.

Park Jimin was absolutely hellbent on assisting you carry your bowl of cereal, five feet, to the couch.