[54]: Shower Thoughts

You didn't look back even once as you stormed into your room

You knew he was following you.

And by the time you made it into the ensuite, you hadn't cared to stop him. He was right behind you, and you weren't troubled by it.

Upon entering the bathroom, you moved straight to the mirror. Breathing heavily in a panic, you studied your bloody, bruised face with a squinting eye. Then, you averted your gaze to Jungkook, and took a deep breath when his body appeared in the reflection next to you.

His eyes were soft.

Warm and inviting.

Dark and doe, innocence and assurance pouring out of them and right into you.

A month ago, that was a face that would have immediately scared you off.

But for now, in this moment, Jungkook's caring gaze was exactly what your shredded heart craved.

Your eyes screamed desperate. Sad and hopeless, as they kept a connection with him through the wall of the mirror.

Your lip was bleeding, the cut on your forehead leaking red over your face, and your right cheek was swollen with blue inflammation. Your hair wet and raggedy from the setting of the fight.

Jungkook stepped closer.

Gleaming with empathy, he approached you.

You turned to face him, looking up like a lost, beaten puppy. You had never let yourself feel this way, let alone in the presence of someone else.

Your emotion had always been locked away with the key held captive in your Boss' palm. You never had the chance to speak your mind, and never had the time to really feel it.

A single tear rolled out of your left eye.

It didn't even have time to reach your chin before Jungkook wiped it away with his thumb. Then, his warm palm landed on the back of your neck, tucked underneath your hair.

You were reckless; at rock bottom.

You didn't care for self control anymore.

Without a word, you leaned into Jungkook and shut your eyes, soon meeting his lips with your own.

You closed the gap between the two of you, your lips clashing, and you immediately fell into a spell of calmness.

A soft embrace welcomed the two of you.

For Jungkook, it was like he had just got his next hit of his favourite drug.

He pulled you into him with his other hand landing on your waist. The kiss was a long time coming, something that had been stuck in both of your minds for weeks.

He was addicted to this feeling.

Since the night at Mandu, you had quietly been trying to remember what it was like.