Chapter 7

Revali (POV)

I sighed and closed my eyes as I circled the newly finished castle. I had recently learned that the queen had made rooms for all of us champions as well. I decided that I would stay at the castle instead of the Rito Village.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my village but it just wasn't for me anymore. I needed a change of scenery. After all, I had been looking at the place for the past 100 years. Kind of sickening after a while.

And even though I didn't want to admit it, I wanted to stay close to Link. He had told me that since Hyrule Castle was the center of the whole kingdom he would stay there, where he could be avaliable to anyone at anytime.

Speaking of which I still was dreading the thought of confessing to him at the party. If he rejected me I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I just had to pray to Hylia that he wouldn't.

I stopped my train of thought as I realized something. What if he did reciprocate? Then what? What would we be? Would we be dating? Like a couple? That's a nice thought. I would go along with whatever he wanted us to be labeled as though. But I knew either way it was going to be awkward one way or the other. But I made sure not to get my hopes up. Chances were he didn't feel the same and this would all go to hell.

I sighed and decided that was enough flying for now. I had ruined my good mood and I still had to pick out my outfit for tomorrow.

The sanctum was looking magnificent at the moment. There was tables set up and. Link and I had cooked all sorts of food the other day and it was all sitting in his slate ready to go for tomorrow.

I landed gracefully onto my balcony that lead into the ginormous bedroom that I called mine. I thought it was sort of foolish. I didn't need a room that big. But it was the thought that counted.

I opened my wardrobe and looked at all of the armor sets I owned. I decided on going with a wooden armor plate that had intricate gold designs carved into it. I set it on a chair in the far corner of the room.

It was around 2 pm and I was feeling a tad bit tired so I thought that maybe a nap would be nice before the servents brought dinner to my room. Though me and Link had met up for dinner each time. He started the little tradition.

I began to walk over to my hammock when I heard a knock on the door. I sighed and walked over to it and opened it up.

To my delighted surprise I saw it was Link who was there. I smiled "Whats up?" I asked. He looked at the ground sheepishly "Im bored. Wanna go on a walk?" He asked "I suppose a walk wouldn't hurt." I shrugged, trying to play it cool. He looked up at me seeming a little surprised. "Alright let's go!!" He said grabbing my wing.

He said that after exploring the castle for the past week he had found the best walking trail and he wanted to show me. I felt flattered that he thought of taking me specifically.

"Uh, Link? Why are we over here? Its just a rock wall." I said as we turned to a dead end. He grinned at me and brought out the sheika slate.

He pushed his hand out to the wall and, surprisingly, a door spun from the rocks and on the other side was a secret tunnel looking thing. He took my wing in his hand, much to my delight, and guided me into the cave.

"I guess Zelda wanted to keep this place secret but still avaliable to get into." Link said to me while shutting the door leaving us in darkness. "Uh well thats nice but what exactly is this "Mystery place"?" I asked, unintentionally squeezing his hand. He chuckled and suddenly brought out a flame spear. "You will see!"

We startwd to walk down the long tunnel. While I thought about how much I must've liked Link to follow him blindly into a sketchy looking dark tunnel, he skipped next to me with a big grin on his face. I only then noticed that he was still holding onto my wing. I wasn't complaining at all though.