Chapter 8- The Royal Party

Revali (POV)

I groaned as I heard the annoying sounds of birds outside my window. Ironic, right? But anyways they were annoying and loud which caused me to get up at an unreasonably early time frame.

I sighed and hopped out of my hammock. Maybe it would be good to get up early for a change? I did have a big day ahead that I needed to plan down to the minute. What better way to sort my thoughts than go flying?

I re-braided my hair and cleaned off my feathers before putting on my bow and stocking up on arrows. Then I set off from my balcony leading towards the 1st gate house.

I decided that I would fly to the top of the castle. Link had told me once it was a real sight. Its a wonder I never went to see. I did love places that were up high.

I flew up to the very tall pillar in the center of the castle above everything else. I had to admit, Link was right. Everything seemed to look 10x better from here. Vah Ruta was standing tall on the mountains,Vah Naboris had changed places and now was atop a even higher mountain in the gerudo highlands. Vah Rudania was still on top of Death Mountain, somewhere I've never been before. Then there was Vah Medoh. The bird was still perched on the very tip of the ledge that I had used to hang out on 100 years ago.

By now I was standing on a very slim ledge holding onto the pillar with one wing, swinging back and forth ever so slightly. My mind wandered to Link.

I couldn't help but start sympathizing for him. I mean he woke up with absolutely no memory of anything and was told to go save Hyrule, a land he knew nothing about and Zelda, a person he only knew the voice of. And to top it all off he had to save us champions.

I smiled a little giddy. I mean who wouldn't be? If you knew you were practically best friends with the most loved person in Hyrule you would act the same way.

I sat down on the small ledge that threatened to lead me to my death. I was also a little sad. I also knew that the hero had no interest in starting anything with me. I was really trying my best to be better but maybe I did too well because I thought I was coming off as a fake, toxic bird that couldn't even protect himself.

I was now contemplating about telling him at all. I loved him, I really did. He was perfect in every way. But what if I ruined it all? What if he hates me after? I just know I would never forgive myself.

But then I thought about it. Link wouldn't hate me over such a trivial thing, would he? No he wouldn't. I was overthinking this. I should have a little more faith in him and maybe even in myself.

I looked down to the gatehouses. When me and Link had cleared thoes out from the Lynals, I made him use an ancient arrow on one of them. I didn't need him to get hurt.

I smiled in delight. I was very excited for the party. I would never admit it though.

I decided it was time to start my daily chores. It was around 7am id say. The chores were ones I had made for myself because I couldn't stand lazing about just because the calamity was over. I normally patrolled around the castle until 9, then I go to Vah Medoh to make sure she's well taken care of and keep her company by talking and things. Thats all I did in the past 100 years. Its a wonder I didnt go insane!

I flew down the castle and out of the corner of my eye I saw movement coming from Links big bedroom window. I didnt want to be a creep but I couldnt help but hide behind a wall and look in at him.

My smiled turned wide and bright as I saw Link, spinning around while holding the slate looking at some picture. He spun in circles while smiling. His hair was in in a high bun while his bangs danced around his face. He was wearing old pants and a red shirt with a unusual logo engraved in white on it.