Fire

I woke up to the sun shining on my body, and all the blankets on the floor. I lifted my head up and looked for him, but he wasn't there. I slumped back down, groaning.
About 5 minutes later I got up, and brushed my teeth. My hair is a wreck, I thought, tying it up in a messy bun. At least it's supposed to look messy now.
I walk into the kitchen where Arny is. He is cooking scrambled eggs, pancakes, and sausage links.
" Good morning love. How did you sleep?" He asked, kissing my cheek when I walked over and hugged him as he flipped pancakes.
" Mmmmm, good," I yawned, stretching out my body. He smiled to himself, " I thought you were going to sleep forever. It's not even breakfast anymore." I glanced at the time on the microwave... 1PM!
" Holy shit! I'm so sorry! How long have you been up?" I felt bad for leaving him alone... taking up his space.
" Oh, 2 or 3 hours now. Don't worry I went on a walk with my pup and had to buy these groceries. I didn't want to let you eat cereal." I raised 1 eyebrow, " Why? Cereal is good." He looked at me, shaking his head. " No it's not. Not good enough for you. You need real food." He continued scrabbling eggs, and flipping sausages.
" Cereal is real food. It's a grain high in fiber depending on what you get!" I scoffed. Won't let me eat cereal my ass.
Suddenly his phone was buzzing, and the profile calling was Danny. I shooed him away from the stove so he could answer it and continued cooking for him. I started to hum a random song and Arny started freaking out at the same time.
" WHAT!? Are you fucking with me right now?? Are you okay? How did that happen? Were you able to save anything??" I widened my eyes and grabbed the phone from him. Before he could protest I set the phone on speaker.
" I had a wax melt on, and some college homework next to it. I guess somehow it caught fire because when I came back home from my run, my living room was gone. Most of my expensive stuff and personal stuff is completely fine. I didn't keep homework or candles or anything in my room. I have a diffuser in my room instead. And I'm fine since I wasn't here, but I have a major favor to ask you. If you are okay with me being your neighbor, do you think you could ask the owner of your building if she has any open rooms? I need a place so bad, man. I can't live in here. They will have to tear it down. " I could hear the pleading tone in Danny's voice.
" Of course you can come here Danny. Perhaps you can take my apartment? I mean, if Arny and I continue sleeping together," I added, looking at Arny innocently. He blushed.
" Yea, come on out Danny. Wait, do you need help packing and getting here?" There was silence for a second, and then a response.
" No I've got Pete on the way. Plus, I will borrow my parents' trailer and move everything with their truck. Then I will come back for my car. And Taelor, are you sure I can move into your apartment? I mean, I can stay with Arny, it's not a big deal-" " I mean, if you want to sleep on the couch every night in the living room, be my guest." Silence.
" Alright sold. I should be there in 5 hours from now. Does that give you enough time to move everything out, Tae?" I nodded, and Arny relayed the message so that I could go back to cooking before our own fire started.
That's so awful, poor Danny, I thought, as I shut off the stove and put some of everything onto 2 plates. I brought Arny his plate and a fork so he could talk and eat, and I went into the living room, turned on the TV, and sat on the floor right in front of the couch.
" You know, the couch is there for a reason." I turned around and Arny had finished his phone conversation. I laughed, " The floor is comfier. Do you think we have time to watch a 'Supernatural' episode while we eat before we start moving my stuff over?" I clicked on the show, but didn't start it.
" Yeah, I can help so we should be fine. What are we going to do about our pets though?" I thought for a moment... " Well we can make your porch look nice and she can be outside on it. Her cage is tall enough so she won't jump out, and the overhang of the roofing shields the whole porch. But just in case the wind blows, I can buy something." He continuously nodded in response, and chewed his food.
" Sounds cool. Let's start the show," he said, coming to join me on the floor. And so we did.

5 hours had passed, and Arny, Danny, Pete and I were all helping him move into my old home. I was talking with Ms. Greene about the situation and the boys were putting his things inside. She had agreed to let him sign his name onto the contract immediately because " I'm her favorite."
Arny and I had spent a whole 3 hours moving my things into his place, except the couch and TV. Danny can keep those. Along with the bed and kitchen stuff.
I took my dresser, all the clothes in it, my personal heigene, ect. And of course, Trixx's things.
I was currently finishing up her cage setup while she ran around Arny's living room. Apollo was shut inside the bathroom. I went inside, put on some biker-safe gear, and latched the trailer on. I walked over to the boys- who were sweating, and taking a water break.
" Hey Tae, I really appreciate you letting me stay in here. Well, letting me have it, I guess. And thank you for giving me some stuff in the house too," Danny added.
" No problem! Arny already has all of the stuff I left for you. No big deal," I turned towards Arny. " I am going to go and get that porch cover I talked to you about earlier. I just want to be prepared and would rather do it now when I'm motivated." He looked at my like I was insane and glanced at Pete and Danny.
" You know, I'm really NOT comfortable with you leaving by yourself... Pete, or Danny, can one of you guys go, too-" I stopped his sentence.
" Arny, I PROMISE you I will be okay. I'm going by myself. I will be back soon," and I kissed his neck, jumped on my bike, started it, threw my helmet on, and sped off before he could protest anymore.

P.S. This is what their porch with the plastic shield looks like. The fencing is also on the characters' porch, but it's wide enough for the rabbit, so that's why Taelor still uses the xpen. There is no grass right in front of their apartments though. It's cracked pavement- the parking lot. And then in the center- its' also a culdesac- is the grassy area that no one goes on except Taelor to let Trixx eat the weeds.

 And then in the center- its' also a culdesac- is the grassy area that no one goes on except Taelor to let Trixx eat the weeds