26

Third Person POV

"Hey!" Clint called. "What are you reading, Kid?"

Peter jumped. He'd been engrossed in a battered paperback and hadn't noticed when Clint and Natasha approached or tried to talk to him.

"Nothing special," he replied. "Harry Potter."

The ginger, who had only read the books recently due to not having a... traditional... childhood, jumped at the chance to discuss the world of magic. She'd been reluctant to start reading the books, as she had heard about the author and her views, but ended up giving in to Pepper, who had insisted she read them in order to join her book club. Although she would never admit it, Natasha had really enjoyed the book despite their background.

"Where are you in it?"

Peter avoided eye contact. Technically he was reading Harry Potter, but not exactly the original version. He mumbled something to the pair about just starting it, but before he could finish, Clint snatched the book out of his hands. He coughed, then started reading aloud.

*"Nothing like this,"* Clint paused and squinted at the writing. *"Nothing like this shawty had ever been peeped on Privet Drive. He was tall, skinny, and old af judging by his grey ass hair an d dank ass beard, which were both long enough to tuck into his belt. His fit was absolutely dripping with long robes, a purple cloak that snatched your wig, and was serving us some high-heeled, buckled boots. He was almost girlbossing too close to the sun with his sparkly blue eyes behind half-moon spectacles and his nose was long and crooked af, as if someone threw hands and broke it once or twice. This fruit snack's name was Albus Dumbledore."*

By the end, both Clint and Nat were crying with laughter. Peter sat, face like a tomato, watching them as they wept, and regretted his life decisions. "It's a Gen Z version of Harry Potter I found, ok?"

"It was beautiful." Natasha spluttered.

"Shut up."

Reeeeeeeealllllly short one, sorry. I'm half way through the next one (which was meant to be this one) but I read the first chapter of a Harry Potter rewrite and decided why not.

ALL ASTERIXED TEXT IS NOT MINE

I DO NOT OWN IT

IN ANY WAY

SHAPE

OR FORM

I found it here:

www.hogwartsishere.com/library/book/26702/chapter/1/

If you google 'harry potter gen z version' you should be able to find it? Idk

Sorry for how long you've had to wait :/