[lake tears]

⋐⋑⋐⋑⋐⋑❉⋐⋑⋐⋑⋐⋑

Theo got an earful from Raoul after our brunch. I think I heard that Grandma mentioned what happened to him since he passed out once again in my bedroom. I had to sleep in my Grandma's room for that matter and of course, I had to tell her everything. Why would someone venture in the middle of the night while drunk anyway if that person is in a logical state of mind? Good thing he still managed to come back home in one piece.

Although he'd get his ears damaged after the scolding right now.

With a book in my hand, I went towards the back door where I can access the patio. Since I have already devoured the beauty of Casa de Hermosa from the front, I might as well do the same at the back, where the lake resides.

Back where I came from, the city, I never thought I could live in a lakehouse. I never thought I could see how the lake reflects the light from the sun that looks like there are thousands of diamonds in there swimming like fishes. The sound of birds chirping is so loud that it kind of takes me back.

We live in a duplex in Cebu although most of the time there's no 'we' in the house. It's just me and Anita, a house helper and a more family than my own blood since my parents are always out traveling, mostly in Manila. I don't dwell on it too much, dwelling on it has been long overdue. Proven and tested that I am okay without them.

Although, I miss Anita. It must have been sad being alone in that house, that sad, empty and suffocating house. The tightness in my chest made me stand up from my seat and left my book on the table to walk towards the railings, to see the lake clearly and breathe all the nature offers in.

There's one thing I have learned that I will forever take to heart, which is never, ever, hear what your intrusive thoughts have to say. It will not do you good, nothing will come out good. My intuitive self is not helping, I'm made of intrusive fibers. I just want to jump into the lake now and see how I ended up with, death or something... Something is good. At least there's something other than my sad thoughts, right?

My feet feel the earth as I leave my sandals on our patio and descended to where the lake is

My feet feel the earth as I leave my sandals on our patio and descended to where the lake is. The golden alexanders, asters, and bell flowers dance as I pass by them and walk toward the wooden port by the lake. I sat on the edge of the port as I dipped my two feet into the lake.

The lake is still sparkling from the sunlight. Everything is so serene and all I can hear is the leaves singing and birds harmonizing.

As I stared blankly and let my mind shut down while watching how tranquil my view is, I felt a man's hands cover my eyes from behind since we only have limited people living in the house, it's not rocket science to expect it's Theo.

"Take your hands off of me or I will drown you right here, right now," I said and after that, I can hear his chuckle from behind, "What are you doing here? I thought you were the type who's mostly out and about. I'm sure that brat yesterday is looking for you right now."