Chapter 26:

*Third person p.o.v*

"No I am not!" Hermione said sharply, Ron laughing beside her, his eyes glistening with amusement. 

"You are so! You get embarrassed so easily!" Ron exclaimed, purposely walking so close to her that their sides were touching. 

Hermione glared at him, but Ron caught the sly smile on her lips before she turned her head. 

The portrait opening, Hermione and Ron continued talking, with the occasional bickering. 

They took several steps into the common room, before Ron then suddenly nudged Hermione in the side softly, having caught Harry sitting on a couch, practicing his charms homework.

The couple went over to their best friend, sitting down opposite him.

There were few other people in the common room today, including Dean, Seamus and Neville. But they all seemed to be in an interesting conversation of their own. 

Ron cleared his throat, trying to gain Harry's attention. "Hey mate. Why are you doing homework? it's Friday."

Harry didn't look up at them, but continued staring down at the book, like it was the most interesting thing he'd ever read. Which certainly wasn't true, because, well, let's face it; It was a charms book. Ron and Hermione were both pretty sure everyone in their year hated when their homework involved the book, except for Hermione, of course. "I just figured I'd do it today. You guys were on a date and Draco was busy."

Hermione leaned closer towards Harry, not wanting the rest of the common room to be listening in on their conversation. "Speaking of Draco, did you get to talk?"

Harry nodded mutely.

Ron and Hermione continued looking at him, both wondering why he seemed so distant all of a sudden.

"And..?" Hermione asked, trying to get Harry to carry on. 

Harry cleared his throat, flipping a page of the book. He lowered his voice slightly. "And.. apparently Draco's liked me for 4 years," Harry still didn't look up at them, making the couple almost concerned about what he was gonna say next. 

Hermione and Ron looked at each other, "Oh."

"Yeah, oh." Harry said sharply, "I was surprised, and figured you guys would be as well until I found out you already knew." Harry finally looked up at them.

Hermione's hand came up to cover her mouth, playing with her bottom lip, and looked at Ron, who blinked.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me." Harry finally closed the book, looking at Ron and Hermione with an annoyed expression. 

Ron removed Hermione's hand from her mouth, making her say something.

Hermione glared at her boyfriend, before turning to Harry. "Right. We figured you would rather hear it from Draco."

Harry crossed his arms, but didn't look entirely mad. "Of course I'd rather hear it from Draco. But you could've still told him to tell me."

Hermione thought for a moment, "But then we would've still known before you?"

Harry scoffed. "Whatever. I just.. It's unbelievable. It's so.. He could've told me!" Harry struggled to find words.

Hermione shook her head, as if dismissing the entire idea of Draco telling him at all. "But Harry, you only just realized you had feelings for him recently."

"I.." Harry trailed off not knowing what to say.

Hermione gave him a half-hearted smile, "Listen, I know you think it's a long time-"