Chapter 1:

*third person p.o.v*

Draco Malfoy was sitting at the Slytherin table, at breakfast. He couldn't keep his eyes off this one handsome boy from Gryffindor, as always. He observed the certain boy as he ate and laughed with his two best friends.

"Draco." Pansy called, interrupting his intense staring at Potter. 

"What?" He questioned, turning to look at the girl sitting beside him.

She huffed, bitterly. "Oh, nothing." 

Draco nodded, looking over at the raven black haired boy again. 

A thick silence hung between the two best friends, Draco knew Pansy wanted to say something, but he did what he always did. He waited for her to have enough of the silence and then start complaining out of nowhere. He knew she'd do that, cause she always did. 

And the blonde haired boy were right. "Don't you think it's been long enough?" She blurred out.

Draco rolled his eyes, sighing, as he turned to her again. "In fact, No I don't." The sarcasm being clear in his voice. 

"Fuck you, Draco. Stop being a brat and just do it." The black haired girl ordered, her voice being slightly too high.  

Pansy had known that Draco fancied his enemy since the 2nd year. He hadn't told her, she had just figured it out. The boy didn't talk about anything or anyone else. She could be like,

"Have you done the homework for Herbology?"

And draco would go,

"Yes, but Potter probably hasn't done it. You know how he always forgets to do the homework-"

The Slytherin would always bring up Potter in any situation he could. Sometimes it did annoy Pansy, but throughout the years, she learned to live with it. Draco had then come out to her in the 5th year, and she told him that she already knew and she knew about his feelings for the Gryffindor as well. Draco didn't even deny it. He thought he had been hiding it for long enough.

"Shhh.." Draco hushed her, checking if anyone had heard her. Luckily no one had. 

The boy turned to her again, a displeased look spreading across his facial features. "Pansy we've had this conversation a thousand times. I can't do it." He bit the inside of his cheek. "He would reject me."

"Oh please," She looked around the great hall, thinking of what advice to give him, before speaking again, "Maybe you should become friends with him, build a foundation, ya know?" She smiled hopefully at him, even though he wasn't looking at her. 

His eyes were darted straight at the Gryffindor table.

"I don't even think he'd wanna be friends with me, to be honest." Draco shrugged. 

Pansy frowned. Draco just wouldn't take any of her advice. "Whatever.. I'm just trying to make you happy."  She stood up, leaving Draco alone at the table.  

The blonde haired boy didn't look after his best friend. He was to busy watching Potter's every move.

* * * * * *

"I'm so ready for quidditch tomorrow!" Ron exclaimed, walking into Harry on purpose to gain his attention. 

Harry had been thinking about skipping potions, but decided against it when he thought of being alone with Professor Snape for about an hour or so, only his evil remarks keeping him company. 

Harry looked up at his ginger-haired best friend, smiling. "We're definitely gonna win with you as our keeper." 

Hermione watched as the two boys high-fived, thinking it was slightly childish. "Boys."