• Road Trip •

Steve had woken up an hour before the alarms were supposed to go off. He groaned at how much of an early bird he's been lately. He looked at the boy who held him close, smiling to himself as his heart did somersaults in his chest. He slowly got up, making sure not to wake the others as he grabbed the boy's bags and headed out the bedroom. He carefully made his way to the front door and went to the RV, unlocking the door and placing the bags under one of the bunk beds. He looked around to see three pairs of bunk beds, two through out the center isle and a smaller pair in the corner near the back. He looked into the bathroom to see a decent sized shower, a toilet and sink. He also noticed that the two couches could pull out into a bed, which was good. There was a small kitchen area along with a table, and then of course the two front seats of the RV.

He was pleased that Eddie and Jonathan could get a good sized RV for the big group. He left the RV and went back into the small trailer, grabbing the rest of the bags and making trips back and forth, putting them away so there would be less work. He sighed as he finished and looked at his wrist watch for the time. 'Only 5:30.' He thought to himself. He decided he'd take a small walk until it was close to being six. Harrington walked around the trailer park, listening to the music and conversations through the walls of the other trailers. He found himself sitting on a bench, watching the sun rise. It was a beautiful site.

"It's beautiful, ain't it?" Someone said from behind him. Steve jumped and looked to see who it was, only to see someone he wish he didn't know.

Jason.

He gulped down hard and stood up. "Hey, you're fine. I'm not here to fight." Jason said, sitting next to where Steve was sitting before. Steve hesitated before sitting once again, his body tensing up. "Look, Harrington." Jason started, looking at the boy. Steve turned to him as well. "I'm sorry, for how I treated you and munson." He said with a weak smile. Harrington was shocked, not knowing if he should believe the boys apologies. "Why should I believe you? You're full of bullshit all the time, Jason." He said to the boy. Jason chuckled a bit and looked down at his feet. "You don't have to, I understand. I just.. relized that what I've been doing for years was wrong." He said. Steve sighed and chuckled. "Bout time. Maybe now you can find some friends that you really fit in with." Steve teased him, punching his shoulder lightly. Jason laughed a bit and nodded. "Yeah, I hope so." He said quietly.

The two boys sat in silence after that, just watching the sun rise. Steve looked down at his wrist watch again to see the time was now 5:47. "I should really get back to Eddie's, we have a long trip ahead of us." He said, standing up. Jason stood up and smiled a bit. "Where you guys going?" He asked. Steve smiled as the two began to walk back towards Eddie's trailer. "Well honestly, we don't even know. All we know is that we're taking a huge RV to who knows where." Steve chuckled a bit. "RV? Who's all going?" Jason asked curiously. "Well, Me, Eddie, Robin, Jonathan, Argyle, Nancy and the kids." Steve replied. Jason nodded slowly as they made it to Munson's trailer.

"Well, I'll cya around I guess." Jason said as he began to walk away. Steve said his goodbyes to Jason as he walked back inside the trailer. He looked around to everyone sleeping peacefully. He smiled to himself as he carefully made his way back into Eddie's bedroom. He opened the door to Eddie sitting up in his bed looking worried. As he saw Steve enter the room he shot off the bed and hugged him. "Holy fuck I thought something happened to you! Are you okay?!" He whisper shouted to the boy. Steve chuckled and rubbed Eddie's back. "I'm okay! I just went on a walk since I woke up early." He said to the boy. Eddie sighed in relief. "I also ran into Jason.." Steve said quietly. Munson shot his head up and looked at the boy worried. "Jason?! Did he hurt you?" He asked frantically. Steve only shook his head and smiled. "No actually, he apologized for what he did to us." He said softly.